Thread: Carry in Restaurants and Bars?

Carry in Restaurants and Bars?

Anyone know if NC legislature is doing anything to make this legal? If not, then what do we need to do?
    The M4...serving scum the laws of terminal ballistics at 2,900FPS

GRNC tried hard last year with HB 650 to get restaurant carry in but could not get the bill passed without dumping it. I think they are going to push real hard this year and get it approved. Hopefully it does but that does not mean people dont cc in bars right now and drink as well if you believe people dont carry in bars now then let me get some kool-aid.

Restaurant carry was never in HB 650. It's in HB 111. It is still alive, but may have trouble getting out of committee. Watch for updates here on contacting your reps, then let them know to get it out of committee and to a vote. Info below.

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillL...ubmitButton=Go

Quote Originally Posted by 11B2O View Post
    Anyone know if NC legislature is doing anything to make this legal? If not, then what do we need to do?
    The GA is scheduled to go back to work in May. For right now go to www.GRNC.org and click on the big red button on the left side of the page and sign the petition. If your not getting the GRNC alerts, sign up for them on the same page. We'll let you know what to do next.

What do you need to do? Join GRNC and write to your representatives.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dashowdy View Post
    ...but that does not mean people dont cc in bars right now and drink as well if you believe people dont carry in bars now then let me get some kool-aid.
    I have heard of local officers getting together at bars and restaurants and drinking. I'm sure if they were caught by a strict superior or a formal complaint was lodged with appropriate evidence, they would get in to trouble, but I believe this to go on largely unchecked or otherwise ignored.

Of course, that is here-say, it would surprise me most if no officer did this.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    What do you need to do? Join GRNC and write to your representatives.
    what he said ^^^^
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    what he said ^^^^
    I should have said it.

Quote Originally Posted by tekshogun View Post
    I have heard of local officers getting together at bars and restaurants and drinking. I'm sure if they were caught by a strict superior or a formal complaint was lodged with appropriate evidence, they would get in to trouble, but I believe this to go on largely unchecked or otherwise ignored.

Of course, that is here-say, it would surprise me most if no officer did this.
    this sort of reminds me of encounters at my gym.
    after i signed a contract, when i went in the 24 hour entrance, i noticed a no gun sign.
    so its a pain in the tail complying.

then i noticed several guys carrying into the gym. one or two are uniformed cops with body armor vests, etc. 2 are under cover. they get to completely disregard the no gun signs, even off duty apparently. yet us normal peons are prohibited from overriding the lawful right of a property owner to restrict entry to whom he pleases.

on a side note, a couple of these guys are part of the known steroid using crowd.

I signed the petition and emailed the legislators

http://grnc.org/gun-ban-advocates-li...staurant-carry

Sign-up for GRNC Alerts. One went out last night about restaurant carry. The Assembly went into a short session today and so are around to hear from us.

http://grnc.org/grnc-alerts-archive/...staurant-carry

North Carolinians "Against Gun Violence" recently started a disinformation campaign about HB 111. Time to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by brutus1776 View Post
    then i noticed several guys carrying into the gym. one or two are uniformed cops with body armor vests, etc. 2 are under cover. they get to completely disregard the no gun signs, even off duty apparently.
    Yea, sorry to tell you, but under NC Law a sworn law enforcement official can carry where ever they want as long as they aren't drinking.
    The M4...serving scum the laws of terminal ballistics at 2,900FPS

signed the petition.

Signed as well. Also posted to facebook

Charlotte Gun Show this weekend at the old Merchandise Mart (I forget what they call it now). I will be manning the GRNC Booth Saturday morning.

Petition signed. I am getting aggravated with the length of time this is taking. It is such a pain and a dangerous situation to leave my weapon locked up in a vehicle. Yes, I have a safe but I hold no illusions that if a car thief wanted my weapon he/she could get it. There is no safer place for my weapon then in my holster with me at all times. This prohibition is just plain stupid and an effort for others to CONTROL what other people do. It is not about safety, it is about control.

"We must hang together or assuredly we shall hang separately..."

But there will always be a few so unique (like wabbit) for whom the latter option is the only one available.

For the rest of us, applying pressure to the Assembly in a coordinated manner is our best hope for eliminating the unreasonable restrictions on restaurant carry.

GRNC is helping coordinate: http://grnc.org/restaurant-carry-petition.

Sean Sorrentino is also: http://ncguns.blogspot.com/2012/03/n...-to-start.html