• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in Restaurants and Bars?

dashowdy

GRNC tried hard last year with HB 650 to get restaurant carry in but could not get the bill passed without dumping it. I think they are going to push real hard this year and get it approved. Hopefully it does but that does not mean people dont cc in bars right now and drink as well if you believe people dont carry in bars now then let me get some kool-aid.

cricketdad

Anyone know if NC legislature is doing anything to make this legal? If not, then what do we need to do?

The GA is scheduled to go back to work in May. For right now go to www.GRNC.org and click on the big red button on the left side of the page and sign the petition. If your not getting the GRNC alerts, sign up for them on the same page. We'll let you know what to do next.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
...but that does not mean people dont cc in bars right now and drink as well if you believe people dont carry in bars now then let me get some kool-aid.

I have heard of local officers getting together at bars and restaurants and drinking. I'm sure if they were caught by a strict superior or a formal complaint was lodged with appropriate evidence, they would get in to trouble, but I believe this to go on largely unchecked or otherwise ignored.

Of course, that is here-say, it would surprise me most if no officer did this.

brutus1776

I have heard of local officers getting together at bars and restaurants and drinking. I'm sure if they were caught by a strict superior or a formal complaint was lodged with appropriate evidence, they would get in to trouble, but I believe this to go on largely unchecked or otherwise ignored.

Of course, that is here-say, it would surprise me most if no officer did this.

this sort of reminds me of encounters at my gym.
after i signed a contract, when i went in the 24 hour entrance, i noticed a no gun sign.
so its a pain in the tail complying.

then i noticed several guys carrying into the gym. one or two are uniformed cops with body armor vests, etc. 2 are under cover. they get to completely disregard the no gun signs, even off duty apparently. yet us normal peons are prohibited from overriding the lawful right of a property owner to restrict entry to whom he pleases.

on a side note, a couple of these guys are part of the known steroid using crowd.

11B2O

then i noticed several guys carrying into the gym. one or two are uniformed cops with body armor vests, etc. 2 are under cover. they get to completely disregard the no gun signs, even off duty apparently.

Yea, sorry to tell you, but under NC Law a sworn law enforcement official can carry where ever they want as long as they aren't drinking.

NC-Heel

Charlotte Gun Show this weekend at the old Merchandise Mart (I forget what they call it now). I will be manning the GRNC Booth Saturday morning.

Chief1297

Petition signed. I am getting aggravated with the length of time this is taking. It is such a pain and a dangerous situation to leave my weapon locked up in a vehicle. Yes, I have a safe but I hold no illusions that if a car thief wanted my weapon he/she could get it. There is no safer place for my weapon then in my holster with me at all times. This prohibition is just plain stupid and an effort for others to CONTROL what other people do. It is not about safety, it is about control.

Doble Troble

"We must hang together or assuredly we shall hang separately..."

But there will always be a few so unique (like wabbit) for whom the latter option is the only one available.

For the rest of us, applying pressure to the Assembly in a coordinated manner is our best hope for eliminating the unreasonable restrictions on restaurant carry.

GRNC is helping coordinate: http://grnc.org/restaurant-carry-petition.

Sean Sorrentino is also: http://ncguns.blogspot.com/2012/03/nc-restaurant-carry-time-to-start.html