Thread: Sporting Events

Sporting Events

Have any of you carried concealed to an Avs game or Nuggets game? I remember reading that carrying in places with permanent electronic weapon screening devices is prohibited but I cannot find the actual law, and I dont know if a few random people standing around with the handheld metal detectors who dont screen everyone counts as permanent. Any of you guys have some insight into this?

The "permanent screening" clause is for public buildings only:

CRS 18-12-214:

(4) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a public building at which:

(a) Security personnel and electronic weapons screening devices are permanently in place at each entrance to the building;

(b) Security personnel electronically screen each person who enters the building to determine whether the person is carrying a weapon of any kind; and

(c) Security personnel require each person who is carrying a weapon of any kind to leave the weapon in possession of security personnel while the person is in the building.

Because we're talking about a private venue (I assume), they can set any rules they want.

O2

I carried to a Rockies game last summer. I didn't get the wand. The ticket lady did ask if I had anything on me I shouldn't have. I asked like what and she started naming stuff. Not wanting to lie I produced my pocket knife. She said it was okay and did not ask if I had anything else so in I went. I tell you what I felt much better walking to the car that night.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

If I remember correctly, Pepsi Center is very accommodating. I think you will need to inform them and go through a separate screening process (probably showing your permit in a private area) and then you're good to go. I remember someone asking this not too long ago (probably a year and a half or so), I'll see if I can dig it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackL View Post
    If I remember correctly, Pepsi Center is very accommodating. I think you will need to inform them and go through a separate screening process (probably showing your permit in a private area) and then you're good to go. I remember someone asking this not too long ago (probably a year and a half or so), I'll see if I can dig it up.
    Perhaps...not

http://www.rmgo.org/index.php?postal...on=com_locator

Pepsi Center
    1000 Chopper Cr
    Denver, CO 80204

Mgr/Owner Name: Don Elliman

Crap! I'm sorry. I completely spaced out on this thread with everything else. I didn't dig it up and I did look for few hours that night until I slept at the computer. I know it's out there, perhaps someone with better searching skills can find it, but I couldn't.