• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sporting Events

Deserteagle8338

Have any of you carried concealed to an Avs game or Nuggets game? I remember reading that carrying in places with permanent electronic weapon screening devices is prohibited but I cannot find the actual law, and I dont know if a few random people standing around with the handheld metal detectors who dont screen everyone counts as permanent. Any of you guys have some insight into this?

O2HeN2

The "permanent screening" clause is for public buildings only:

CRS 18-12-214:

(4) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a public building at which:

(a) Security personnel and electronic weapons screening devices are permanently in place at each entrance to the building;

(b) Security personnel electronically screen each person who enters the building to determine whether the person is carrying a weapon of any kind; and

(c) Security personnel require each person who is carrying a weapon of any kind to leave the weapon in possession of security personnel while the person is in the building.

Because we're talking about a private venue (I assume), they can set any rules they want.

O2

Beau

I carried to a Rockies game last summer. I didn't get the wand. The ticket lady did ask if I had anything on me I shouldn't have. I asked like what and she started naming stuff. Not wanting to lie I produced my pocket knife. She said it was okay and did not ask if I had anything else so in I went. I tell you what I felt much better walking to the car that night.

ZackL

If I remember correctly, Pepsi Center is very accommodating. I think you will need to inform them and go through a separate screening process (probably showing your permit in a private area) and then you're good to go. I remember someone asking this not too long ago (probably a year and a half or so), I'll see if I can dig it up.

JamesB

If I remember correctly, Pepsi Center is very accommodating. I think you will need to inform them and go through a separate screening process (probably showing your permit in a private area) and then you're good to go. I remember someone asking this not too long ago (probably a year and a half or so), I'll see if I can dig it up.

Perhaps...not

http://www.rmgo.org/index.php?posta...t=combined&task=search_zip&option=com_locator

Pepsi Center
1000 Chopper Cr
Denver, CO 80204

Mgr/Owner Name: Don Elliman

ZackL

Crap! I'm sorry. I completely spaced out on this thread with everything else. I didn't dig it up and I did look for few hours that night until I slept at the computer. I know it's out there, perhaps someone with better searching skills can find it, but I couldn't.