• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Terrifying Video: Chainsaw-Wielding Drunk Attacks U.K. Pub Patrons

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/terrifying-video-chainsaw-wielding-drunk-attacks-u-k-pub-patrons/

Surveillance footage has surfaced of a man wielding a chainsaw against bar patrons at a U.K. pub last year after he was asked to leave for smoking inside.

The Daily Mail reported 24-year-old Dean Dinnen, drunk and under the influence of drugs, returned with the gasoline-powered chainsaw to get back at the customer who told him to leave in the August incident.

Jeez, it's a good thing nobody was carrying - the drunk could have been shot.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Whoa. I thought chainsaws were illegal in the UK. Or is it only defensive weapons that are illegal?

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Well looks like the citizens had the right idea....

Hit the chainsaw drunk with chairs and a beer barrel luckily you brits are unarmed or he would have met his maker pdq.

randian

Whoa. I thought chainsaws were illegal in the UK. Or is it only defensive weapons that are illegal?
Anything that you intend to use as a weapon, whether offensive or defensive, is illegal in the UK. That includes guns, knives, bats, hammers, whatever. And if you use something like a folding knife to defend yourself, it will be presumed you intended to use it as a weapon and you'll probably be charged with aggravated assault (or whatever the English equivalent of that is). You could do more time than the person(s) who attacked you.

Ali3nat0r

Anything that you intend to use as a weapon, whether offensive or defensive, is illegal in the UK. That includes guns, knives, bats, hammers, whatever. And if you use something like a folding knife to defend yourself, it will be presumed you intended to use it as a weapon and you'll probably be charged with aggravated assault (or whatever the English equivalent of that is). You could do more time than the person(s) who attacked you.

Almost correct. It's illegal to carry anything in public that could be used as a weapon - I had a Maglite confiscated from my car because it could be used as a weapon - but in your own home almost anything goes. Except guns of course. The UK public seem to be naturally hoplophobic, so guns are obviously evil tools that can pull their own triggers and shoot people whenever they want.

You can still do more time than your potential attacker would have if you're not careful. Legally speaking, you are better off just taking whatever comes and going to the police later. That's if whoever is attacking you isn't a sadistic bastard and you get away without being murdered on the spot.

This is why I'm moving to the USA. No idea when, gotta be visa permitting, but I am moving there. Britain has become a borderline dictatorship, and I want out.

Last edited:

DCKilla

I figured inflicting second hand smoke on his fellow patrons might be a greater crime.:rolleyes:

What happens if somebody uses available objects for self defense for example: rocks, bowl, hammer, bar stool? Say I stabbed a guy with a pen from my check book in self defense. Would I be charged with having a weapon or attempted murder/murder?