• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is Open Carry - Really (in response to the opposition)

IdahoOpenCarry

What is Open Carry - Really

It is the beautiful bold face of the 2nd Amendment
It is the American flag to America's enemies
It is the ultimate symbol of American freedom
It is Ronald Reagan's "Tear down this wall!"
It is "in your face" to anti-gun left
It is George Washington to the British
It is storming Normandy to the Germans
It is "Cindrella escaping" to her Concealed Carry stepsisters

What is your metaphor, analogy, or symbol for OC?

Tony Snesko, founder, Idaho Open Carry
Visit our forum at IdahoOpenCarry.org

Tony@IdahoOpenCarry.org
208-918-0639
Only the Good Guys (and Girls) Open Carry

MilProGuy

It is a right, granted to the American citizen, by the Constitution of the United States of America, and should be recognized in every state in our union.

PavePusher

It is a right, granted to the American citizen, by the Constitution of the United States of America, and should be recognized in every state in our union.

WRONG!

(Sorry for shouting...)

The Constitution does NOT "grant" us anything. (That would be a Priviledge, not a Right.) The Constitution and the Bill of Rights list some (but not all) of our Rights (inherent as sapient beings) and specifically protects them against the government.

MilProGuy

WRONG!

(Sorry for shouting...)

The Constitution does NOT "grant" us anything. (That would be a Priviledge, not a Right.) The Constitution and the Bill of Rights list some (but not all) of our Rights (inherent as sapient beings) and specifically protects them against the government.

Thanks for reminding me of this. :dude:

I hereby stand corrected and will re-phrase my comments:

It is a right of the American citizen, recognized by the Constitution of the United States of America, and should be recognized in every state in our union.