• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry In Canada

CanadaCarry

Hello OCDO!

I am quite new around here but I love the site already!

I was however confronted with the issue that we Canadians cannot carry in Canada because of both the Firearms Act (C-68) and Part III of the Criminal Code Of Canada which COMPLETELY forbids the carrying of weapons for the purposes of "Self Defense" as self defence is NOT for some strange reason recognized as a legal reason to carry a weapon. The only exception to this applies to peace officers, police, armed services and armored guards in armored cars. The only times you can lawfully be in possession of a weapon in Canada is hunting, target practice (at a legally acceptable location under certain circumstances) and also obviously while one is in one's home or residence.

I would seriously like some help putting extreme pressure on the government to change all of this. I have so far been unseccessful to say the least in writing letters and trying to convince others to do the same. Truth be told though, I am sick of getting robbed or mugged and sick of hearing of people being victims and crime statistics. Rather than being defenders. I refuse to be victim but there is nothing I can do. I did even talk to local law enforcement officers and they told me I cannot have a weapon in my possession. Hell they even threatened to search me even though I just walked up to them and told them I have been a victim on quite a few occasions! I couldn't believe that bull****! I wasn't rude or anything but they were very quick to tell me "Listen here! You don't do anything but call us. I don't care how many times it's happened to you, you let us deal with it. That's why you pay taxes!" and then he shook his head and him and his buddies walked away. I was just curious was all and he really freaked out on me.

We are allowed to defend ourselves but denied the means to do it. It doesn't make any sense at all. I was really frustrated before I asked the officers and now I am nearly on a warpath since this has got to come to an end. I will not be robbed one more time out on the street.

I was wondering if anyone is interested. Thanks!

-Canada Carry

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you'll learn a lot. I don't know much about Canada, just that they are notoriously anti-gun. Are there other like you? Enough to start a grassroots organization? This would be a good first step.

On the other hand you could move to the good old United States, land of the free, home of the brave!!!

DCKilla

Granted we need more people like CanadaCarry here in the US, but what about Canada? Canada will never change if we constantly encourage folks to jump ship.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Weocome to OCDO.

How you, as a fully-indoctrinated Canadian ever managed to figure out that being denied the right to self defense is an affront is amazing. Oh, wait! You said you did some reading here. I'm guessing you also did some thinking afterwards.

You and the rest of Canada are reaping the results of social welfare. It's going to be very difficult to change enough minds so that you actually see a change in the laws - but the declining economy and the resulting disintegtation of what passesfor a social fabric might just help you Canadians. In spite of generations of indoctrination, there comes a point when not just a few individuals but society as a whole will no longer stand for being made into helpless victims. You will know that day has arrived when the newspapers begin to fill with stories of everyday people who are no longer willing to take it lying down but start defending themselves with improvised weapons. It will probably start with cricket bats and squasah raquets in the home, but soon move to soap in a sock on the streets. Look to (formerly)Great Britain to see how even they are changing their ways to once again allow the good guys to get away with defending themselves.

It will probably hurt you to hear it, but what you are enduring is the result of being a subject instead of a citizen. You Canadians had you chances (1776, 1812, 1918 and 1945 all come to mind) but refused to pull the plug on a system that put King and Country before the rights of the individual. That's the essential difference between our two countries - and I'll be among the first to admit to every fault we have in the USA, but warts and all we still seem to be the best deal on the globe.

History says you need to stay at it for the long haul. Changes you are looking for do not come overnight - and may not come in your lifetime. So either sign up for the duration or apply for the appropriate visa and "come on down"! It sounds as if Canada's loss would be our gain.

stay safe.

Daylen

Granted we need more people like CanadaCarry here in the US, but what about Canada? Canada will never change if we constantly encourage folks to jump ship.

eh? Why not encourage antigunners to move to Canada and pro rights Canadians to move here!? Who cares about them keeping a smidgen of a right if we can have no infringements?

CanadaCarry

Welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you'll learn a lot. I don't know much about Canada, just that they are notoriously anti-gun. Are there other like you? Enough to start a grassroots organization? This would be a good first step.

On the other hand you could move to the good old United States, land of the free, home of the brave!!!

I wish I could moveto the U.S. I heard that Vermont is one of the few states which recognize constitutional carry. I have studied firearms laws of various states and other countries as well. The Czech Republic, as I found out recently, has better laws than we do in Canada. Granted, we do seem to have it alot better than the folks in the UK & Australia.

I am one of the most pro-gun people around. I think anti-gunners who are Canadians just use anti-American stereotypes and that sort of derogatory bull to disuade and blind everyone from the truth. Propoganda that I take big time offence to.

@skidmark I have (the easy way, lucky for me) realized that one needs to be armed. Not just with a gun but correct knowledge of said guns. We need to also be armed with survival skills because things are NOT getting any better. It's always better to have something and not need it than to NOT have something, really badly need it and end up paying for it. Possibly with your life. A price I am NOT willing to pay, just because some lawmaker is an anti-American hoplophobe. That's NOT my problem and if that person is so scared of a gun or even a collapsable baton, I'd like to take them down to Somolia to give them a GOOD reason to be scared of weapons. And yes, there are more of us.

I cannot stand paranoid hoplophobes at all! There's no excuse for it. Hell, I am sure if some folks had their way, armies would just play chess or whatever and whoever lost would get their country annexed or pay some other price because they lost at the chess table! People like these, (forgive me but I must be blunt) need to be THROWN the hell OUT! I am not happy that I have to sacrifice my safety because of laws hoplophobes enacted. Laws don't work. It's not a legislation/legal issue. It's a law enforcement issue! They just CAN'T GET IT RIGHT!

The simple truth (which they just WILL NOT accept) is this: Until you physically (and even forcefully) take the weapons and firearms away from the criminals, all of the laws in the world WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING! Crime will NOT be reduced and the thugs committing those crimes? They will be ******* themselves laughing! Simple as that.

They want to reduce crime? You arm not just the police but the people, the REAL people.... people like myself for instance who have to deal with criminals on a daily basis and then you shall see crime go down.

I personally think you should be able to own just about anything you want. You want a full auto .22 long rifle smg? fine! You want a full auto Hecklor & Koch HK-417? just head down to the gunstore with your license and buy one! You want a mag for your center-fire semi-auto that holds more than 5 rounds? Order a hundred! You want an RPG-7? Well, if you really badly want one of those just to blow up that junker, rustbucket of a car you got sitting on your farm/acreage/land that you just cant stand looking at anymore?

And will probably only use said RPG-7 just that once? Or maybe twice just to have some fun with some friends? That would be TOTALLY fine by me! If you got training, money, licensing and aren't looking for trouble and are very responsible with your hardware, you should be fine to get whatever you want.

I mean, firing a fully automatic PKM or whatever into a hillside on your own property backstop? I just dont see what all the fuss is about that! Who cares! So long as they aren't shooting at anyone, they can dirt shoot or whatever as much as they want! It don't bother me at all.

@DCKilla Agreed. If we keep jumping ship and running, nothing will get better at all.

@Steve50 We can't just keep jumping ship and running to the U.S. or the Czech Republic. We have to change things here and now.

@thebigsd Yeah, I notice that alot in the media. In fact, I remember this one story not too long ago where some guy who was legally deaf and was lawfully hunting coyotes didn't hear the officers yelling for him to drop his gun, so the SWAT team showed up with a big APC and damn near gave him a heart attack. They are so paranoid up here.

Another story I heard one of the chiefs of police said "This guy is 20 years old but I dont know why he had so many guns locked up in his home." You know how many guns he had? THREE! This ***hole made it sound like he had 50 or something. It thoroughly disgusted me.

BTW, this isn't just about the right to carry a firearm. Pepper spray is also prohibited, once again, police and peace officers are exempt. Laws like that do NOT serve the best interests of people like me.

-Canada Carry.

Dreamer

Canada Carry,

Welcome to OCDO! I feel your pain, brother. I live in the People's Republic of Maryand, where only the wealthy and well-connected can get a carry permit (despite the fact that I have permits issued by THREE other states, have hundreds of hours of training, have been a USPSA competitor for two decades, and used to work as a DOJ contractor who TRAINED COPS and certified their equipment. So believe me, I know how you feel.

However, I will also let you know that if I want to carry legally, I have two options: 1) I can move less than 50 miles to the north, south or west, and live in a state where I CAN carry legally, or 2) I can visit those states and carry while visiting. But I can't carry in MD unless I'm on my own property...

The sad fact about Canada is that as long as it is a subject of the British Crown, you are screwed. The Saxe Coberg-Gothe dynasty will NEVER let it's subjects exercise the fundamental right of armed self-defense as long as their demonic, Transalvanian blood-thirsty bums impress the Throne of England. Until the Political Sovereignty of the British Royal Family is revoked, or until Canada declares her Independence in a clear and permanent manner, our friends to the North will be left defenseless (as will we, when we visit "north of the border")...

We'll pray for you. We can even donate to Canadian "gun rights" organizations (are there any?) But mere "activism" won't do any good in Canada at this point. The serpents of tyranny have sunk their fangs deep into the Canadian psyche, and the People of CAnada, by and large, enjoy their serfdom.

I'd suggest moving to the USA if you REALLY want to carry. If you get caught carrying in Canada, getting mugged will the be LEAST of your worries...

CanadaCarry

Canada Carry,

Welcome to OCDO! I feel your pain, brother. I live in the People's Republic of Maryand, where only the wealthy and well-connected can get a carry permit (despite the fact that I have permits issued by THREE other states, have hundreds of hours of training, have been a USPSA competitor for two decades, and used to work as a DOJ contractor who TRAINED COPS and certified their equipment. So believe me, I know how you feel.

However, I will also let you know that if I want to carry legally, I have two options: 1) I can move less than 50 miles to the north, south or west, and live in a state where I CAN carry legally, or 2) I can visit those states and carry while visiting. But I can't carry in MD unless I'm on my own property...

The sad fact about Canada is that as long as it is a subject of the British Crown, you are screwed. The Saxe Coberg-Gothe dynasty will NEVER let it's subjects exercise the fundamental right of armed self-defense as long as their demonic, Transalvanian blood-thirsty bums impress the Throne of England. Until the Political Sovereignty of the British Royal Family is revoked, or until Canada declares her Independence in a clear and permanent manner, our friends to the North will be left defenseless (as will we, when we visit "north of the border")...

We'll pray for you. We can even donate to Canadian "gun rights" organizations (are there any?) But mere "activism" won't do any good in Canada at this point. The serpents of tyranny have sunk their fangs deep into the Canadian psyche, and the People of CAnada, by and large, enjoy their serfdom.

I'd suggest moving to the USA if you REALLY want to carry. If you get caught carrying in Canada, getting mugged will the be LEAST of your worries...

Dreamer

ROFLMAO!!! You totally made me spill my coffee laughing but don't worry about it! :cool:

Yeah, there's another thing I cannot stand about Canada. What the hell does the queen do for us, anyway? Not diddly s*** as far as I am concerned. Hell, even the insignia of ranks up here drive me nuts because sometimes, inspector has a crown (RCMP insp for example) (or three pips depending on the dept.) and most of the shoulder uniform badges have crowns on them. Everything is crown this and her majesty that. Gimmie a break! That's MORE than enough. Sorry but they can get rid of all of that royalty s***!

Sometimes, I really DO believe I was born too far north. I should've been born in say, Vermont or Arizona or Nevada or states like that which allow NFA (title 2 weapons) assault weapons, assault rifles and destructive devices. All I want to do is have some fun with the stuff. That's it. I am NOT out looking for trouble, I am NOT up to no good, I am NOT a criminal so I sure as hell shouldn't be treated like one, because I like guns.

There are actually several Canadian pro gun-rights I know of that I will give you all the links to and please be sure they damn well would appreciate ANY support that they can get!

These folks here, The National Firearms Association are our best bet: http://www.nfa.ca/index.php

The NFA likes to keep it's members and visitors alike informed about the latest atrocities against firearm owners that the RCMP and the government have committed. They do all kinds of work. They also have tons of legal references on the site which allows for greater information circulation.

-Canada Carry

DCKilla

Just now, I looked at the NFA website. I couldn't help, but notice a crown right above the red and yellow shield. Even the whole coat-of-arms look-a-like emblem screams being a subject of the crown. Maybe, I'm getting the wrong message from my first impression.