• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morgantown Mall OC issues, building isnt posted...

SgtMac

Below is §61-7-14 in its entirety. Show me where it states "Where Posted", You can't cause its not part of WV law at this time. You have been informed that WV has NO signage requirements, that posting of a no weapons signs is a courtesy not a requirement. It has been suggested you talk with JimMullinsWVCDL an attorney on here and yet you continue to insist someone has to post a sign. If you continue in that belief you will end up getting yourself in trouble and you only have yourself to blame.

source: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/ChapterEntire.cfm?chap=61&art=7&section=14#07

I allready know this code and admit i follow it. I havent contacted Mr. Mullins as of yet becuase life is taking too much time for me. I plan on contacting him after I finish my 2 cent ramble here though, professional advice is usually a great help. But as for the posting Even the conceal carry class I took the instructors paperwork states buildings must be clearly marked. So ok maybe in chasing a ghost on the marked buildings, but that brings the question this, Im legally open carrying, and i walk into BW3's somewhere, no one says anthing, and then im confronted by uniformed police for carrying. How do I know its not legal to carry without posted signage? if there is no signage requirement, why do several locations have it like Toy R Us. My Bank and local citybuilding have no signage and allow open carry. This is amine field I want to be able to get through in one piece, thats why i posted here. As i've repeatedly stated, This isnt about me getting one over on that mall, its getting that place so any law abiding citizen doesnt walk into a time bomb going in there open carrying. I want to lean and under stand, hence i keep posting. I thank you all for your input.

Last edited:

wvguy

Below is §61-7-14 in its entirety. Show me where it states "Where Posted", You can't cause its not part of WV law at this time. You have been informed that WV has NO signage requirements, that posting of a no weapons signs is a courtesy not a requirement. It has been suggested you talk with JimMullinsWVCDL an attorney on here and yet you continue to insist someone has to post a sign. If you continue in that belief you will end up getting yourself in trouble and you only have yourself to blame.

source: http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/ChapterEntire.cfm?chap=61&art=7&section=14#07

I allready know this code and admit i follow it. I havent contacted Mr. Mullins as of yet becuase life is taking too much time for me. I plan on contacting him after I finish my 2 cent ramble here though, professional advice is usually a great help. But as for the posting Even the conceal carry class I took the instructors paperwork states buildings must be clearly marked. So ok maybe in chasing a ghost on the marked buildings, but that brings the question this, Im legally open carrying, and i walk into BW3's somewhere, no one says anthing, and then im confronted by uniformed police for carrying. How do I know its not legal to carry without posted signage? if there is no signage requirement, why do several locations have it like Toy R Us. My Bank and local citybuilding have no signage and allow open carry. This is amine field I want to be able to get through in one piece, thats why i posted here. As i've repeatedly stated, This isnt about me getting one over on that mall, its getting that place so any law abiding citizen doesnt walk into a time bomb going in there open carrying. I want to lean and under stand, hence i keep posting. I thank you all for your input.

As stated in WV there is no law what so ever about the use of off limits signs. If a sign is posted that is like the owner saying its off limits, If you go into a business and you aren't confronted then you are good to go. If at any point someone who has care, custody or control of that property asks you to leave while you are OC/CC then you must leave. be sure to ask Mr. Mullins about the signage and you'll see your CC class material is incorrect