• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need to find good AR red dot

fire suppressor

Can anyone suggest a good AR 15 red dot sight? I have a cheap Bushnell on it and would like to get something better. I am looking for something reliable, not too expensive, and accurate something no more than $200 if possible. I did find a Mark III P4 scope and liked it. Looked like the best of both world's a 3-9x scope on the bottom with a red dot built into the top of the scope I can find them for about $150. Anyone have any suggestions?

Aknazer

If you can try looking for used Trijicon items I managed to find an ACOG with both the piccatiny and RMR mounts for $500 (so less than $300 for just the scope given the cost if I had to buy the mounts). I can also tell you to stay away from the NcStar Tactical Red Dot. I gave it a shot on my Mossberg 500 (granted not a rifle) and it's adjustability was such crap that I couldn't bring the sight within three inches of where the slugs were impacting; and that was with me maxing out how far the adjustment screws could be turned.

Aknazer

Save your money for an Aimpoint or Trijicon.

I agree that the Aimpoint and Trijicon sights are very nice, but unless he finds them used the OP likely won't be able to find one in the price range he has listed. Depending on the model both of these companies run $400-600+ for a new sight (and a new ACOG is $1100+ without mounts while the military M4 Aimpoint is $800. Both prices exclude sales/discounts).