Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Freedom Watch Canceled by Fox

  1. #1
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531

    Freedom Watch Canceled by Fox

    Freedom Watch was the only reason I watched Fox Business. I hope the Judge gets on with another network. He was a strong supporter in the right to bear arms, WITHOUT EXCEPTIONS, unlike some of the other Fox commentators.

    Bad news, freedom fighters! Judge Andrew Napolitano's Freedom Watch, the best damned daily libertarian news & argument show in the history of television (name a better one!), has gotten the axe from Fox Business Network.
    http://reason.com/blog/2012/02/09/fo...els-judge-andr

  2. #2
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    are they really canceling that show? it seems to be on several times a week. i saw part of Napalitano saying he would be doing other things. shame though
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    His last show is tonight at 8.

    double ewe tee eff, Fox?

  5. #5
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Follow the money.

    Who'm I going to vote for? Anybody But A GOP-er - ABAG.

    The demos and the repugnants are but the left and right wings of the Ruling Class.

    Wanna give Obama another term? Jam his approved opponent down our throats. The gop is dead (Bush 41), dead (Bush 43) and dead at the hands of Obama's enablers.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 02-13-2012 at 11:33 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Seems like Rupert is letting his son have more influence, looks like we're about to see the end of the only televised alternative to the progressive left machine.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,011
    Perhaps fox is reading the writing on the wall and stepping away from their hyperbole because it may cost them some advertising money after the election. BillO is already starting to come around by defending Ellen DeGeneris against the "Million Moms".

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Perhaps fox is reading the writing on the wall and stepping away from their hyperbole because it may cost them some advertising money after the election. BillO is already starting to come around by defending Ellen DeGeneris against the "Million Moms".
    Right, because the news company that is doing the best and making tons of money should change to be like the other companies so viewers will leave... real smart. No changing to a leftist view is not being done for economic reasons.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    747
    this sucks. judge napolitano is AWESOME

    however , i give props to fox as the only major network that would even give him a show in the first place, and at least there is still stossel.

    could you imagine MSNBC, CNN etc. ever giving the judge a chance to do such a show?

    neither can i.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    I'm seriously hoping the Judge gets his own network or something.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'm seriously hoping the Judge gets his own network or something.
    NTV - Napolitano TV

    ALL NAPOLITANO ALL THE TIME!!!

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Activist Member swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    984
    Maybe Glen Beck will give him a show. Freedom Watch is the only reason I watched Fox Business. Maybe they should try the show on Fox News instead.

    Pity

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Maybe Glen Beck will give him a show. Freedom Watch is the only reason I watched Fox Business. Maybe they should try the show on Fox News instead.

    Pity
    You don't like Stossel!? It would be nice if the Judge got on with Beck, then I might consider a subscription instead of just watching it when I visit my parents.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  15. #15
    Activist Member swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montgomery County, MD
    Posts
    984
    I like Stossel, but the Judge dealt with the Constitutional aspect of a lot of issues which I really enjoyed. The Judge knows of what he speaks.
    Last edited by swinokur; 02-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    I like Stossel, but frankly I think Beck has done more harm to the libertarian movement than just about anybody else.

    Beck is a right-wing statist in libertarian clothing.

  17. #17
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Beck is a right-wing statist in libertarian clothing.
    I know nothing of Beck but cursorily from occasional comments like yours. He claims libertarianism? Is that a bit like SLimebaugh claiming republican conservatism?

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    I know nothing of Beck but cursorily from occasional comments like yours. He claims libertarianism? Is that a bit like SLimebaugh claiming republican conservatism?
    I'd say it is, yes.

    Beck uses the word frequently, although to be fair it's usually others who describe him as "libertarian" in definitive language. He also has said a few times that he "is getting more libertarian", which is a personal evolution I have no problem with.

    My problem is the great conflation I've faced in dealing with non-libertarians between what libertarians actually tend to believe, and what Glenn Beck says on TV.
    Last edited by marshaul; 02-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    I know nothing of Beck but cursorily from occasional comments like yours. He claims libertarianism? Is that a bit like SLimebaugh claiming republican conservatism?
    Beck does not claim to be a libertarian. He has claimed to lean libertarian and that is an accurate statement. Unfortunately when some people hear any association they think it is a boolianor integer type description of he is or he isn't. He's certainly no Stossel or Napalitano, but Beck is more to the liberty side than OReily and Hannity; at least for the time he was on fox that I was able to catch.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I'd say it is, yes.

    Beck uses the word frequently, although to be fair it's usually others who describe him as "libertarian" in definitive language. He also has said a few times that he "is getting more libertarian", which is a personal evolution I have no problem with.

    My problem is the great conflation I've faced in dealing with non-libertarians between what libertarians actually tend to believe, and what Glenn Beck says on TV.
    So your problem is not with beck but those that lie about him and those that are too stupid or ignorant to realize it?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  21. #21
    Regular Member .40S&W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    74
    Beck is awesome. I listen to his show every morning.
    Never get complacent. Practice situational awareness. Stay alert stay alive.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    So your problem is not with beck but those that lie about him and those that are too stupid or ignorant to realize it?
    No, I disagree with Beck on many important issues as well. I don't have a problem with the man personally, but I find much he says objectionable.

    And, it's plainly apparent that he cultivates the "libertarian" label, without coming out and identifying himself as such explicitly.

    I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to someone that a given position isn't libertarian, regardless of whether Glenn Beck said it. That isn't my fault; I'm not the one telling all these people he's a libertarian.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    No, I disagree with Beck on many important issues as well. I don't have a problem with the man personally, but I find much he says objectionable.

    And, it's plainly apparent that he cultivates the "libertarian" label, without coming out and identifying himself as such explicitly.

    I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to someone that a given position isn't libertarian, regardless of whether Glenn Beck said it. That isn't my fault; I'm not the one telling all these people he's a libertarian.
    So your upset that he's not and you disagree with him? Or that people think he's libertarian even though he says, or used to anyway, that he is not libertarian?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    So your upset that he's not and you disagree with him? Or that people think he's libertarian even though he says, or used to anyway, that he is not libertarian?
    I'm not upset about anything.

    I just think that, whatever the reason, many people's greatest exposure to what they believe is "libertarianism" is Glenn Beck. And I think that, while Beck may be better than any number of statist talking heads, this fact still does a disservice to libertarianism.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Obviously, the solution to the whole Beck-statist vs Beck-libertarian issue is to just have John Locke come back and do a weekly one hour show. Problem solved.



    Below is a link to Andrew Napolitano's final Freedom Watch. Very good.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tC-...layer_embedded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •