• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom Watch Canceled by Fox

carsontech

Activist Member
Freedom Watch was the only reason I watched Fox Business. I hope the Judge gets on with another network. He was a strong supporter in the right to bear arms, WITHOUT EXCEPTIONS, unlike some of the other Fox commentators.

Bad news, freedom fighters! Judge Andrew Napolitano's Freedom Watch, the best damned daily libertarian news & argument show in the history of television (name a better one!), has gotten the axe from Fox Business Network.

http://reason.com/blog/2012/02/09/fox-business-networks-cancels-judge-andr

Last edited:

papa bear

are they really canceling that show? it seems to be on several times a week. i saw part of Napalitano saying he would be doing other things. shame though

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Follow the money.

Who'm I going to vote for? Anybody But A GOP-er - ABAG.

The demos and the repugnants are but the left and right wings of the Ruling Class.

Wanna give Obama another term? Jam his approved opponent down our throats. The gop is dead (Bush 41), dead (Bush 43) and dead at the hands of Obama's enablers.

Last edited:

Daylen

Seems like Rupert is letting his son have more influence, looks like we're about to see the end of the only televised alternative to the progressive left machine.

beebobby

Perhaps fox is reading the writing on the wall and stepping away from their hyperbole because it may cost them some advertising money after the election. BillO is already starting to come around by defending Ellen DeGeneris against the "Million Moms".

Daylen

Perhaps fox is reading the writing on the wall and stepping away from their hyperbole because it may cost them some advertising money after the election. BillO is already starting to come around by defending Ellen DeGeneris against the "Million Moms".

Right, because the news company that is doing the best and making tons of money should change to be like the other companies so viewers will leave... real smart. No changing to a leftist view is not being done for economic reasons.

PALO

this sucks. judge napolitano is AWESOME

however , i give props to fox as the only major network that would even give him a show in the first place, and at least there is still stossel.

could you imagine MSNBC, CNN etc. ever giving the judge a chance to do such a show?

neither can i.

swinokur

Activist Member
Maybe Glen Beck will give him a show. Freedom Watch is the only reason I watched Fox Business. Maybe they should try the show on Fox News instead.

Pity

Daylen

Maybe Glen Beck will give him a show. Freedom Watch is the only reason I watched Fox Business. Maybe they should try the show on Fox News instead.

Pity

You don't like Stossel!? It would be nice if the Judge got on with Beck, then I might consider a subscription instead of just watching it when I visit my parents.

swinokur

Activist Member
I like Stossel, but the Judge dealt with the Constitutional aspect of a lot of issues which I really enjoyed. The Judge knows of what he speaks.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I like Stossel, but frankly I think Beck has done more harm to the libertarian movement than just about anybody else.

Beck is a right-wing statist in libertarian clothing.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Beck is a right-wing statist in libertarian clothing.
I know nothing of Beck but cursorily from occasional comments like yours. He claims libertarianism? Is that a bit like SLimebaugh claiming republican conservatism?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I know nothing of Beck but cursorily from occasional comments like yours. He claims libertarianism? Is that a bit like SLimebaugh claiming republican conservatism?

I'd say it is, yes.

Beck uses the word frequently, although to be fair it's usually others who describe him as "libertarian" in definitive language. He also has said a few times that he "is getting more libertarian", which is a personal evolution I have no problem with.

My problem is the great conflation I've faced in dealing with non-libertarians between what libertarians actually tend to believe, and what Glenn Beck says on TV.

Last edited:

Daylen

Beck does not claim to be a libertarian. He has claimed to lean libertarian and that is an accurate statement. Unfortunately when some people hear any association they think it is a boolianor integer type description of he is or he isn't. He's certainly no Stossel or Napalitano, but Beck is more to the liberty side than OReily and Hannity; at least for the time he was on fox that I was able to catch.

Daylen

I'd say it is, yes.

Beck uses the word frequently, although to be fair it's usually others who describe him as "libertarian" in definitive language. He also has said a few times that he "is getting more libertarian", which is a personal evolution I have no problem with.

My problem is the great conflation I've faced in dealing with non-libertarians between what libertarians actually tend to believe, and what Glenn Beck says on TV.

So your problem is not with beck but those that lie about him and those that are too stupid or ignorant to realize it?