• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom Watch Canceled by Fox

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
So your problem is not with beck but those that lie about him and those that are too stupid or ignorant to realize it?

No, I disagree with Beck on many important issues as well. I don't have a problem with the man personally, but I find much he says objectionable.

And, it's plainly apparent that he cultivates the "libertarian" label, without coming out and identifying himself as such explicitly.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to someone that a given position isn't libertarian, regardless of whether Glenn Beck said it. That isn't my fault; I'm not the one telling all these people he's a libertarian.

Daylen

No, I disagree with Beck on many important issues as well. I don't have a problem with the man personally, but I find much he says objectionable.

And, it's plainly apparent that he cultivates the "libertarian" label, without coming out and identifying himself as such explicitly.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to someone that a given position isn't libertarian, regardless of whether Glenn Beck said it. That isn't my fault; I'm not the one telling all these people he's a libertarian.

So your upset that he's not and you disagree with him? Or that people think he's libertarian even though he says, or used to anyway, that he is not libertarian? :eek:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
So your upset that he's not and you disagree with him? Or that people think he's libertarian even though he says, or used to anyway, that he is not libertarian? :eek:

I'm not upset about anything.

I just think that, whatever the reason, many people's greatest exposure to what they believe is "libertarianism" is Glenn Beck. And I think that, while Beck may be better than any number of statist talking heads, this fact still does a disservice to libertarianism.

Daylen

I'm not upset about anything.

I just think that, whatever the reason, many people's greatest exposure to what they believe is "libertarianism" is Glenn Beck. And I think that, while Beck may be better than any number of statist talking heads, this fact still does a disservice to libertarianism.

gotcha.

sudden valley gunner

Beck has claimed on several occasions to be libertarian. When asked by Leno on the tonight show he said he was libertarian. He also talks about Teller as being a fellow libertarian.

But his own words and beliefs prove he is no libertarian.

I only got to watch Napolitano's show a few times wish I was able to catch more episodes.

Last edited:

Daylen

Beck has claimed on several occasions to be libertarian. When asked by Leno on the tonight show he said he was libertarian. He also talks about Teller as being a fellow libertarian.

But his own words and beliefs prove he is no libertarian.

I only got to watch Napolitano's show a few times wish I was able to catch more episodes.

That makes me sad.