Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOJ say they are caught up On CCW

DOJ say they are caught up On CCW

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — State Justice Department officials say they’ve caught up with the deluge of concealed carry applications and are meeting turn-around deadlines again.

DOJ Division of Law Enforcement Administrator Brian O’Keefe said the agency was so overwhelmed with applications it couldn’t meet its processing deadlines for most of January. But the agency has brought more workers on board to help with processing and the flow of applications has slowed, he said

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    So what's the current count?

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon .45 View Post
    So what's the current count?
    From the article in the Columbus, Indiana Republic,
    As of Feb. 6, the department's firearms unit has received 81,728 applications, an average of nearly 834 applications a day, and issued 71,058 permits. The unit received nearly 8,000 applications on one day, O'Keefe said.
    From their figures, I'd guess that they have about 86,000 applications by today.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    From the article in the Columbus, Indiana Republic,
    From their figures, I'd guess that they have about 86,000 applications by today.
    That is roughly the population of Kenosha.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    That is roughly the population of Kenosha.
    Equals a lot of money for the state 4 millon 300 thousand this has been a real money maker for them.

My Idea

I have an idea. A few years ago, to make a point, a town in Georgia passed an ordinance that every household own a gun. The ordinance had no enforcement provisions, but crime dropped substantially.

Perhaps Wisconsin should consider a law that required every eligible person over 21 to obtain a WI Concealed Weapons License (no enforcement provisions so that liberals could still live with themselves). The resulting revenue would wipe out the State's deficit and maybe even allow the liberals and unions some concessions - at which point perhaps their objections to the CWL law might be mitigated.

Then again, that might not be such a good idea. Illinois would be furious as the remaining disadvantaged citizens who seek income redistribution (criminals) would all flee WI and move to IL (the sole remaining State that denies the right to personal protection). And think of all the law enforcement personnel that might be subject to layoff if so many of the State's criminals left Wisconsin.

Opps - my bad.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Over on Defensivecarry.com, there are posters with a permit number of 73,XXX as of 2/15. That's a lot of permits in just 3 1/2 months.

Awesome news to hear, as I just put my application in the mail today.

They must be

I sent mine in 4 days ago (Monday) and got it today(Friday). Checked my bank account online and they didn't even cash the check yet.
    Number 75XXX. I purposely waited till the crush died down. I don't know how they plan on handling renewals, but
    5 years from now there's going to be another tidal wave they will have to deal with in November and December.
    I wanted to make sure mine would be among them.

Seriously? Wow, I was expecting to wait 4-6 weeks! That would be great if it came in the mail next week.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I have an idea. A few years ago, to make a point, a town in Georgia passed an ordinance that every household own a gun. The ordinance had no enforcement provisions, but crime dropped substantially.

Perhaps Wisconsin should consider a law that required every eligible person over 21 to obtain a WI Concealed Weapons License (no enforcement provisions so that liberals could still live with themselves). The resulting revenue would wipe out the State's deficit and maybe even allow the liberals and unions some concessions - at which point perhaps their objections to the CWL law might be mitigated.

Then again, that might not be such a good idea. Illinois would be furious as the remaining disadvantaged citizens who seek income redistribution (criminals) would all flee WI and move to IL (the sole remaining State that denies the right to personal protection). And think of all the law enforcement personnel that might be subject to layoff if so many of the State's criminals left Wisconsin.

Opps - my bad.
    If I remember correctly, that was in kennesaw GA, and there was a fine imposed on households who did not own a firearm, the fine total was calculated to be close to the annual upkeep and ammunition purchases for a typical firearm. Crime dropped dramatically and stayed there. Before this ordinance, the place was an absolute crime-ridden hell hole, and this calmed things down significantly. I believe it was in 1985 when the ordinance was passed.
    The mayor knew the towns police force could not keep up, so he forced the residents to be able to defend themselves. Most criminals will change their mind about attacking someone if there is a chance their target is armed. They are looking for an easy score, not fighting a hardened target.

Just talked with someone who got his today, at #72,2xx.
    Says it took them 30 days, including mail both ways, so no, they're not 'caught up'.
    No way it takes 4 days (each way) for mail between the Milwaukee area & Madistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I couldn't believe it either. I had just checked to see if the check was cashed at the end of the week.(it wasn't)
    Then went to the mail box and saw the letter from the DOJ. I thought oh no somethings wrong with my paperwork.
    I was surprised. I must live right I guess.

My dad sent his on tues and got it on Sat. I will see how long mine takes I will send it out tomarrow.

Banned
    Probably all those packers fans who want to shoot their new stock certificates up to smitherines.

All for that activity !

Go Bears !

Quote Originally Posted by Dusto View Post
    Awesome news to hear, as I just put my application in the mail today.
    Check cleared the bank today, hopefully that means I'll have my permit soon.

Had a nice present for me in the mailbox today. License #78,xxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusto View Post
    Had a nice present for me in the mailbox today. License #78,xxx.

Excellent! The D.O.J. is moving very fast now! We need to keep more applications rolling in.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Yet the clusterfluk will occur again in a short 60 months

when we all send in our paperwork for renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    when we all send in our paperwork for renewal.
    That bit of wisdom, was great, and helped us all understand the process a little better. Thanks.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

May be we will not have to worry about renewal we will have Constitutional carry.

My application is going out on Monday. We'll see how long it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Just talked with someone who got his today, at #72,2xx.
    Says it took them 30 days, including mail both ways, so no, they're not 'caught up'.
    No way it takes 4 days (each way) for mail between the Milwaukee area & Madistan.
    My dad got his in less then two weeks. It may have been closer to 6 days but I wasn't paying that much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    I sent mine in 4 days ago (Monday) and got it today(Friday). Checked my bank account online and they didn't even cash the check yet.
    Number 75XXX. I purposely waited till the crush died down. I don't know how they plan on handling renewals, but
    5 years from now there's going to be another tidal wave they will have to deal with in November and December.
    I wanted to make sure mine would be among them.
    How soon/late can you renew? Hopefully the renewals will be a bit more spread out (especially if we'll have the ability to send in the renewals a few weeks early) and some people (and more each year) won't renew so it'll get a little easier each year.
    Last edited by Joey P; 03-05-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    What are the latest figures on how many CCl's have been issued in Wisconsin?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

My dad got his a few days ago. #80,1XX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast