• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ say they are caught up On CCW

Firearms Iinstuctor

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — State Justice Department officials say they’ve caught up with the deluge of concealed carry applications and are meeting turn-around deadlines again.

DOJ Division of Law Enforcement Administrator Brian O’Keefe said the agency was so overwhelmed with applications it couldn’t meet its processing deadlines for most of January. But the agency has brought more workers on board to help with processing and the flow of applications has slowed, he said

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
So what's the current count?
From the article in the Columbus, Indiana Republic,
As of Feb. 6, the department's firearms unit has received 81,728 applications, an average of nearly 834 applications a day, and issued 71,058 permits. The unit received nearly 8,000 applications on one day, O'Keefe said.
From their figures, I'd guess that they have about 86,000 applications by today.

jpm84092

My Idea

I have an idea. A few years ago, to make a point, a town in Georgia passed an ordinance that every household own a gun. The ordinance had no enforcement provisions, but crime dropped substantially.

Perhaps Wisconsin should consider a law that required every eligible person over 21 to obtain a WI Concealed Weapons License (no enforcement provisions so that liberals could still live with themselves). The resulting revenue would wipe out the State's deficit and maybe even allow the liberals and unions some concessions - at which point perhaps their objections to the CWL law might be mitigated.

Then again, that might not be such a good idea. Illinois would be furious as the remaining disadvantaged citizens who seek income redistribution (criminals) would all flee WI and move to IL (the sole remaining State that denies the right to personal protection). And think of all the law enforcement personnel that might be subject to layoff if so many of the State's criminals left Wisconsin.

Opps - my bad.

FTG-05

Over on Defensivecarry.com, there are posters with a permit number of 73,XXX as of 2/15. That's a lot of permits in just 3 1/2 months.

Breed

They must be

I sent mine in 4 days ago (Monday) and got it today(Friday). Checked my bank account online and they didn't even cash the check yet.
Number 75XXX. I purposely waited till the crush died down. I don't know how they plan on handling renewals, but
5 years from now there's going to be another tidal wave they will have to deal with in November and December.
I wanted to make sure mine would be among them.

Dusto

Seriously? Wow, I was expecting to wait 4-6 weeks! That would be great if it came in the mail next week.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I have an idea. A few years ago, to make a point, a town in Georgia passed an ordinance that every household own a gun. The ordinance had no enforcement provisions, but crime dropped substantially.

Perhaps Wisconsin should consider a law that required every eligible person over 21 to obtain a WI Concealed Weapons License (no enforcement provisions so that liberals could still live with themselves). The resulting revenue would wipe out the State's deficit and maybe even allow the liberals and unions some concessions - at which point perhaps their objections to the CWL law might be mitigated.

Then again, that might not be such a good idea. Illinois would be furious as the remaining disadvantaged citizens who seek income redistribution (criminals) would all flee WI and move to IL (the sole remaining State that denies the right to personal protection). And think of all the law enforcement personnel that might be subject to layoff if so many of the State's criminals left Wisconsin.

Opps - my bad.

If I remember correctly, that was in kennesaw GA, and there was a fine imposed on households who did not own a firearm, the fine total was calculated to be close to the annual upkeep and ammunition purchases for a typical firearm. Crime dropped dramatically and stayed there. Before this ordinance, the place was an absolute crime-ridden hell hole, and this calmed things down significantly. I believe it was in 1985 when the ordinance was passed.
The mayor knew the towns police force could not keep up, so he forced the residents to be able to defend themselves. Most criminals will change their mind about attacking someone if there is a chance their target is armed. They are looking for an easy score, not fighting a hardened target.

MKEgal

Just talked with someone who got his today, at #72,2xx.
Says it took them 30 days, including mail both ways, so no, they're not 'caught up'.
No way it takes 4 days (each way) for mail between the Milwaukee area & Madistan.

Breed

I couldn't believe it either. I had just checked to see if the check was cashed at the end of the week.(it wasn't)
Then went to the mail box and saw the letter from the DOJ. I thought oh no somethings wrong with my paperwork.
I was surprised. I must live right I guess.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Probably all those packers fans who want to shoot their new stock certificates up to smitherines.

All for that activity !

Go Bears !