• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DOJ say they are caught up On CCW

Joey P

Just talked with someone who got his today, at #72,2xx.
Says it took them 30 days, including mail both ways, so no, they're not 'caught up'.
No way it takes 4 days (each way) for mail between the Milwaukee area & Madistan.
My dad got his in less then two weeks. It may have been closer to 6 days but I wasn't paying that much attention.

I sent mine in 4 days ago (Monday) and got it today(Friday). Checked my bank account online and they didn't even cash the check yet.
Number 75XXX. I purposely waited till the crush died down. I don't know how they plan on handling renewals, but
5 years from now there's going to be another tidal wave they will have to deal with in November and December.
I wanted to make sure mine would be among them.
How soon/late can you renew? Hopefully the renewals will be a bit more spread out (especially if we'll have the ability to send in the renewals a few weeks early) and some people (and more each year) won't renew so it'll get a little easier each year.

Last edited:

Joey P

Just to update this, I sent in my application on 2/27 and got my license on 3/10 (so just under 14 days/2 weeks). It's very close to the middle of the 82,000 range.

jpm84092

With the population of Wisconsin at just over 5.7 million persons of all ages, there are currently over 1.4% of the total Wisconsin population that have a Concealed Weapon License when one uses 82,000 permits in the calculation.

Of those 21 years of age and older, 4.0% of Wisconsin adults now hold a Concealed Weapon License. And, the number is growing.

Population demographics source: http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/wisconsin/demographic.html

Way to go Wisconsin!

XDFDE45

Mailed out 3/4/12 recieved today. #88,9**
Getting closer to 90,000
eusa_clap.gif