• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UFC lumps guns under the "out of ethical or moral boundaries"

Marco

Apparently, the UFC lumps guns under the "out of ethical or moral boundaries" category of things they ban. Oh yeah? Since When? What's unethical or immoral about a gun or gun ownership by a law-abiding individual?

From FOX Sports: http://tinyurl.com/8y3o34y

By A.J. Perez
January 24, 2012

[SNIP]

Then there's the sponsors, a revenue stream that Evans told FOXSports.com is just as lucrative as the checks cut by the UFC.

Fighters aren't allowed to have conflicting sponsors in certain categories like motorcycles - where Harley Davidson is the official bike of UFC - or if a company is out of ethical or moral boundaries. The days of a fighter like Tito Ortiz being sponsored by a certain adult bookstore in Santa Ana, Calif., are over. Another recently banned category is guns, Jason Genet of the management group Ingrained Media wrote on his blog.

"The UFC takes a close look at which sponsors they want to be associated with," Robinson said. "They will look at every sponsor on that banner to make sure you're not trying to sneak one past them that hasn't been approved."

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
FOX Sports said:
... certain categories like motorcycles ... or if a company is out of ethical or moral boundaries. ... Another recently banned category is guns, ...

I don't see them making that connection. It's just another item on the list.

Last edited: