Thread: Refused service at kfc

Refused service at kfc

No legal signage no signage at all prohibiting Firearms. The store manager refused to serve me while oc very rude, he kept calling it concealed carrying and I told him it was in plain unobstructed view (shirt tucked it) and not concealed because I do not have a ccw permit he then threated to call the police and I said I would wait right there until they arrived but he did not call. Is this all kfc view I called corporate and I ask anyone else interested in this to call there hotline 5028748300 and ask there position on open carry at there store on Erie highway Hamilton Ohio or any store. I will be going to jockos where they appreciate an oc in the room.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j iceman View Post
    No legal signage no signage at all prohibiting Firearms. The store manager refused to serve me while oc very rude, he kept calling it concealed carrying and I told him it was in plain unobstructed view (shirt tucked it) and not concealed because I do not have a ccw permit he then threated to call the police and I said I would wait right there until they arrived but he did not call. Is this all kfc view I called corporate and I ask anyone else interested in this to call there hotline 5028748300 and ask there position on open carry at there store on Erie highway Hamilton Ohio or any store. I will be going to jockos where they appreciate an oc in the room.

Did he serve you? If not, why remain? More information please.

You were very, very lucky that the manager did not call the police and have you trespassed.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

KFC's are franchised to my knowledge, I would say the manager can enforce whatever policy the franchise owner wants. Don't know about you state, buy here in WA a sign is not required.

I offered to leave he said I can stay but not my gun I then said I will take my business elsewhere he said that's not necessary just my gun had to leave. I said its attached for a reason and told him I would be calling corporate. I never refused to leave I just asked if that's his policy why does he not post A sign he said because only fools would carry a gun into a kfc and that's when I asked for the store management and he told me he was the store manager. Here in Ohio the signs carry legal weight and while not necessary without them the Sargent on duty said that he has to ask me to leave for another reason because in Ohio its a civil right supported by the Ohio supreme court to open carry a firearm

Good on you. Add them to Friend or Foe

Here in Ohio the signs carry legal weight and while not necessary without them the Sargent on duty said that he has to ask me to leave for another reason because in Ohio its a civil right supported by the Ohio supreme court to open carry a firearm
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    ?
    I agree; wut? That was contradictory.

Here in Ohio the signs carry legal weight and while not necessary without them the Sargent on duty said that he has to ask me to leave for another reason because in Ohio its a civil right supported by the Ohio supreme court to open carry a firearm

"Here in Ohio, the signs carry legal weight. And, while they are not necessary to deny you service, in the absence of signs the manager has to state another reason for asking you to leave. In Ohio, open carry is a civil right supported by the Ohio Supreme Court."

I think that is a pretty close translation of what he said.

I would like to see a cite on both the fact of the signs carrying legal weight and on the Ohio Supreme Court decisions on open carry being a civil right.

[QUOTE=SFCRetired;1701256...and on the Ohio Supreme Court decisions on open carry being a civil right.[/QUOTE]

I think this is what is meant.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...cal-ordinances