• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sprint Stores going Gunless

Pyzik

Hey all, just wanted to touch on something I learned today. I went into a Corporate Sprint Store today to have my phone looked at and noticed a no guns sign on the door. This is not my normal sprint store and I assumed it was just this stores policy so I asked to speak to a manager. The manager (friendly and receptive) informed me that it is a NEW corporate policy going into effect this week.

I called my local sprint store (I was just in there on Saturday open carrying) and asked if this were true. The manager informed me that yes it was true. However he told me to feel free to conceal carry if I wish and that this was meant for open carriers.

I will be writing a letter to corporate (as futile as it is) shortly.

Thanks for your time.

PistolPackingMomma

I called my local sprint store (I was just in there on Saturday open carrying) and asked if this were true. The manager informed me that yes it was true. However he told me to feel free to conceal carry if I wish and that this was meant for open carriers.

Translation; "We won't respect your freedom to exercise your 2A right as you wish, but we'll still gladly take your money."

Looks like we won't be going to Sprint or returning to Verizon after our contract is up.

Jared

Hey all, just wanted to touch on something I learned today. I went into a Corporate Sprint Store today to have my phone looked at and noticed a no guns sign on the door. This is not my normal sprint store and I assumed it was just this stores policy so I asked to speak to a manager. The manager (friendly and receptive) informed me that it is a NEW corporate policy going into effect this week.

Thanks for your time.

Sprint has always been anti 2nd Amendment. Back in 2000 when Missouri had Proposition B (A failed attempt to pass a concealed carry law), Sprint donated a lot of money to help defeat the measure.

I recommend AT&T, I heard Verizon had a no gun policy but I can not confirm that.

Pyzik

Sprint has always been anti 2nd Amendment. Back in 2000 when Missouri had Proposition B (A failed attempt to pass a concealed carry law), Sprint donated a lot of money to help defeat the measure.

I recommend AT&T, I heard Verizon had a no gun policy but I can not confirm that.

I was unaware of that, thank you. Too bad Sprint is the only carrier to offer unlimited data.

rushcreek2

Folks, you can choose whichever wireless phone carrier you wish - but.......

Entry onto PRIVATE property trumps your right to BEAR ARMS.

Last edited:

Pyzik

I understand (and will respect) this. There is a third party sprint store directly across the street that I will be frequenting from now on, they also offer repairs.

I just wanted to post that the actual manager of the store told me CC was fine and to ignore the sign, just don't OC.

Onnie

Thanks for your time.

WHAT SIGN! I didn't see no stinkin sign!:mad:

Jared

Too bad private property rights do not trump the smoking ban so that an establishments owner can permit smoking on his/her property.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Jared said:
Back in 2000 when Missouri had Proposition B (a failed attempt to pass a concealed carry law), Sprint donated a lot of money to help defeat the measure.
I wonder how they rationalized that one to the shareholders?
It has absolutely nothing to do with their business.

rushcreek2 said:
That's one of those topics of discussion that will probably never be settled.
I think a person's individual right to protect her life & bodily integrity trumps a property right, esp. when that 'right' is exercised by a fictional 'person' (a company) which has invited the public onto the property (a store).
Besides, it's a protected civil right just as religion is, & stores aren't allowed to discriminate based on that. So why is it OK for any other right?

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I wonder how they rationalized that one to the shareholders?
It has absolutely nothing to do with their business.

That's one of those topics of discussion that will probably never be settled.
I think a person's individual right to protect her life & bodily integrity trumps a property right, esp. when that 'right' is exercised by a fictional 'person' (a company) which has invited the public onto the property (a store).
Besides, it's a protected civil right just as religion is, & stores aren't allowed to discriminate based on that. So why is it OK for any other right?

Because we explicitly approve of their discrimination by patronizing their establishment. We don't walk the walk, we just talk the talk. Sad state of humanity.

Yance

I switched to verizon recently and I have been in the store Ocing a few times and a couple times it was busy. didnt hear a thing from anyone about it, the guy that was helping me asked me a few questions about OC and told me he was going to get his CPL as soon as he could.

Bronson

Too bad private property rights do not trump the smoking ban so that an establishments owner can permit smoking on his/her property.

Private business does not have the ability in MI to determine who may or may not carry concealed in their establishment. If they did a bar owner, day care owner, large entertainment facility owner, etc. could allow licensed CCers to carry....but they can't. They can't because the state removed the right of a business to determine who may lawfully carry on their property when MCL 28.425o was passed.

Bronson

griffin

Because we explicitly approve of their discrimination by patronizing their establishment. We don't walk the walk, we just talk the talk.
I fully agree.

How many people support the Levi Straus Company, even though they discriminate against the Boy Scouts of America?
How many people give to the United Way, even though they are huge anti-2A.
How many people purchase Ruger Firearms, even though Ruger attorneys wrote part of the Assault Weapons Ban in Clinton's Crime Bill, and Ruger is on record stating that "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun," and "I see nothing wrong with waiting periods."

Gun owners do not walk the walk. It is disheartening.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Translation; "We won't respect your freedom to exercise your 2A right as you wish, but we'll still gladly take your money."

Looks like we won't be going to Sprint or returning to Verizon after our contract is up.

Are they breaching their contract perhaps? Your contract might include your right to have services performed at a Sprint store, and now they have changed the policies that govern your entry into those facilities.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Gun owners do not walk the walk. It is disheartening.

Gun owners, especially gun carriers, are typically the more polite and amiable citizens. This is a serious disadvantage when it comes to activism for our rights, unfortunately.

stainless1911

Banned
Private business does not have the ability in MI to determine who may or may not carry concealed in their establishment. If they did a bar owner, day care owner, large entertainment facility owner, etc. could allow licensed CCers to carry....but they can't. They can't because the state removed the right of a business to determine who may lawfully carry on their property when MCL 28.425o was passed.

Bronson

If they can't allow it, then they shouldnt be able to ban it.

The argument that the .gov should allow private property rights to trump actual specific constitutional rights, fails on this one point alone.

TheQ

Private property rights is where I part ways with most here. That's all I'll say...

Don't like their policy? Do business elsewhere.