Thread: Sprint Stores = No OC/CC?

Sprint Stores = No OC/CC?

Does anyone know what's up with the Sprint stores here in the Valley? Some have the gun buster stickers at their front doors, and others do not. I'm guessing that perhaps these stores are franchised and certain locations are pro and others are con? I contacted Sprint and got an apology in regards to my offense taken at the signage, and was told that the matter would be "looked into." It's been a few months now and I haven't heard anything more...
    For now, I visit the one that I know is okay with carrying, but if I find out it's a company policy, I will be looking at switching to a new cellular provider.
    Last edited by Super Saiyan; 02-13-2012 at 04:53 PM.

The rumor is it's a corporate policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik
    The manager (friendly and receptive) informed me that it is a NEW corporate policy going into effect this week.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ghlight=sprint

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    The rumor is it's a corporate policy.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ghlight=sprint
    Thanks for the info.

I contacted Sprint again just now. Unfortunately, they only allow 1,200 characters or less where you type out what you need to say, but here it is:
    "I have been a Sprint customer since 2002 and currently have four people, myself included, on my family plan. Yesterday afternoon I went to visit and local Sprint store at 6736 East Baseline Road #104
    Mesa, AZ and was quite disturbed to see a sticker at the entrance which indicated that firearms are not allowed inside. I immediately turned around, got back in my vehicle, and refused to do business there. This is Arizona, and State law allows for the carrying of firearms by law-abiding individuals. I personally have a state issued concealed weapons permit and was carrying my firearm that day. My wallet and my firearm go everywhere together. Unfortunately, that may mean that I need to cancel my contract with Sprint and go to another cellular phone provider that respects my rights and abides by the law instead of absurd policies that don't make sense. Afterall, a policy and/or sign will not prohibit a criminal with evil intentions from carrying them out. No one willing to use a gun for evil reasons will stop because of a sign. Please get back to be concerning this issue so that I know whether or not to be a sprint customer for another ten years, or go to one of your competitors. Thanks"

This afternoon I stopped by my nearest Sprint store on Broadway at Craycroft, Tucson. No gun ban signage there.

Founder's Club Member
    Granted my experiences aren't in Arizona, but I've carried in my local Sprint store on various occasions and I've not been the only one carrying while there. Nobody seemed much bothered by it.