• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Down River Starbucks 2-14-12

1ADAM12

downrive will meet in allen park, at the sb on outerdrive "not target"

i will be there from 11-1ish

Where is "downrive"? And I can't find "outerdrive" on mapquest.com. Does it actually exist?

Mapquest says: "We could not find "outerdrive, allen park"
Please try your search again."

Onnie

Where is "downrive"? And I can't find "outerdrive" on mapquest.com. Does it actually exist?

downriver is an area of Wayne county and Monroe County that is "DOWN RIVER" of Detroit

communities (not detroit itself) south of the detroit city line to just past the Monroe county line that are aligned with I-75 on both side

asked the question: so where do you live, answer: I live downriver, meaning you live south of detroit

rvd4now

23005 Outer Dr, Allen Park, MI

theres a sb here

Onnie

I see you are from god's country, so we "down River Rats" will forgive you this time

while typed with no space, outerdrive is actually Outer Drive, but it should have been obvious that there was a space before DRIVE since many streets are named "Drive". It really was kind of a no brainer. If you had added that space, map quest would have brought up a map of the arrow at just about the location of the place we will be meeting at.

for future reference of detroit area and a bit of history, Outer Drive was designed in the days before detroit has the 7 express ways it has now, it basically circles most of the city.it was designed to allow people to drive through detroit and adjacent communities and see beautiful houses as you drove the detroit area showing that detroit was an upscale city. It is in a circle pattern, and while not a true circle shape when viewing it on a map or from the sky, it is about 25 miles long and connects to it self in a complete "Circle" for a lack of a better term

Outer drive was suppose to be Oak Tree lined as you might expect to see in a picture of a southern road leading up to a plantation, while a lot are still there, they are old and many have died over the year and not replaced.

for most of its length, Outer Drive is divided by a grassy lane in the middle of the drive that is dotted with trees to give it a "Park-ish" or country look.

Today Outer Drive unfortunately runs through some of the worse places the city has to offer and is more of a eye soar and out of the way than anything else

its safest parts run through Dearborn and Allen Park and with the exception of a few cites it runs through is unkept and unsafe.

the part we are meeting at is by Southfield road, and is one of the safest and best kept up parts.
its is a main road for us "down river rats" just as F41 is for you lopers

Yes "Down river" does exist just as Lopers or Flat landers do!

Last edited:

Ezerharden

The wife and I had a great time with all the people that showed up. Looking forward to another gathering.

Onnie

had a great time at the Allen Park location
about 9 or 10 in total showed up and we all talked about this and that

went up and thanked the manager for Allowing Open carry, and talked to an open carrier who was not with MOC. He knew of us, but did not want to get involved cuz he know all the laws he needed to know!!! oh well

got some chinese food takeout, went home, i pigged out and now I am going to sleep, the MSG is making me sleepy, very sleepy ZZZZZZzzzzzz

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran

went up and thanked the manager for Allowing Open carry, and talked to an open carrier who was not with MOC. He knew of us, but did not want to get involved cuz he know all the laws he needed to know!!! oh well

got some chinese food takeout, went home, i pigged out and now I am going to sleep, the MSG is making me sleepy, very sleepy ZZZZZZzzzzzz

I think you missed a couple folks that were not sitting with the group. A good showing anyway you look at it for a holiday Tuesday :)

rvd4now

The wife and I had a great time with all the people that showed up. Looking forward to another gathering.

very nice to meet u ezerharden

it was very nice to meet u onnie

I think you missed a couple folks that were not sitting with the group. A good showing anyway you look at it for a holiday Tuesday :)

hey it was nice to see u glock