• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 464 - Hunting on Sunday

stickslinger

Huh, that doesn't even start the list:uhoh::

Dog Hunters of any kind, Trespassers (Except scantly dressed young ladies:eek:) Democrats, MILITARY PILOTS, fat ladies in Spandex jogging suits, Old women in Leopard skin tights, small yapping dogs, other peoples kids, ATV'ers, Hikers, City People, Mountain Bikers, Game Wardens, Revenueers and Child Molesters.

That's a pretty good start:banana:

Oh did I mention Dog Hunters and Military Pilots. No limit on those Sons of B&%$%es

Haha. That's a pretty comprehensive listing alright :)

What the heck is there left to shoot at?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
well they rescheduled the hearing on short notice to this morning and tabled the bill on voice vote. guess they didn't want to go on record.

Figures!
I was on my way to the 5:00 when I got a call that they had taken my son to the hospital, so I would have missed the thing anyway.

Last edited:

stickslinger

Dang it -- I say!!!

Virginia: Sunday Hunting Tabled for Remainder
of 2012 Legislative Session

"Today, the state House Natural Resources Subcommittee tabled Senate Bill 464 for the rest of this current legislative session. SB 464, sponsored by state Senator Ralph Northam (D-6), would have allowed hunting on private land and public waterways on Sundays.

Currently, Virginia is one of only six states in the country that strictly bans hunting on Sunday. This prohibition threatens the very future of our hunting heritage by discouraging hunter recruitment and retention. In addition, this antiquated ban harms Virginia’s economy."

Retrieved 2/15/2010 from http://nraila.org/legislation/state...r-of-2012-legislative-session.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

And so on...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Virginia: Sunday Hunting Tabled for Remainder
of 2012 Legislative Session

"Today, the state House Natural Resources Subcommittee tabled Senate Bill 464 for the rest of this current legislative session. SB 464, sponsored by state Senator Ralph Northam (D-6), would have allowed hunting on private land and public waterways on Sundays.

Currently, Virginia is one of only six states in the country that strictly bans hunting on Sunday. This prohibition threatens the very future of our hunting heritage by discouraging hunter recruitment and retention. In addition, this antiquated ban harms Virginia’s economy."

Retrieved 2/15/2010 from http://nraila.org/legislation/state...r-of-2012-legislative-session.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

And so on...

Yep!

This Committee is my Death Star.
Every year when a bill comes in to increase penalties for hunting without permission, it dies in the AGC Committee or a sub.

mk4

was there any debate? what's the supposed reasoning behind tabling for the rest of the session?