• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Holster for running.

Jbale22

20 years old and can't get my CCDW until August but I run around my neighborhood usually around sunrise but is still dark, but never know if I'm am going to need my firearm. I have a belly band for when I start CC'ing but I carry a Glock 27 so not a lot will be visible and don't want to leave any reason for a LEO to stop me. Anyone have a solution or a holster than would stay pretty stable while running?

Carry on!!

Jbale22

I actually have a Level II retention holster that looks almost Identical to that iTac. I love it and it does have great retention and love the trigger release so that it would be more difficult for someone to try to upholster my weapon from behind. But I have tried to run with it before, for athletic pants or sweat pants or anything like that it sags and bounces around a lot. I have tried just running for a short distance in jeans when I have a belt on and it is pretty stable then but for sweats, or athletic pants/shorts just doesn't feel to stable for me. I wonder if wearing my belly band on the outside of my clothes would raise any concerns with LEOs that may be in the area...

Cgm2414

If I am wearing athletic shorts I just put a belt on underneath my shorts, and slip on my safariland 6378 paddle holster. That has worked out very well for me.