• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USSC Justice Breyer robbed at machete-point

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
This is the guy who said "There simply is no untouchable constitutional right guaranteed by the Second Amendment to keep loaded handguns in the house in crime-ridden urban areas."

I wonder if he has any different thought, now that he's been robbed -- in his West Indies vacation home -- by a guy with a machete.

28kfps

This is the guy who said "There simply is no untouchable constitutional right guaranteed by the Second Amendment to keep loaded handguns in the house in crime-ridden urban areas."

I wonder if he has any different thought, now that he's been robbed -- in his West Indies vacation home -- by a guy with a machete.

Do you have the story? I hate to see anyone get robbed however love it when it does happen to a loud month anti gun person.

Last edited:

DVC

It is good that Justice Breyer and his family came through physically unharmed. Regardless of his horrible 2nd Amendment stance, he's still a human being.

Breyer, feeling secure and certain that he and his family were protected because of his lofty position, smugly said that the people who I care for deserve no means of self-defense. To him, they are not human, so why would I consider HIM to be human?

I couldn't care less whether he survived or not, so long as the attack wasn't with a firearm.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Breyer, feeling secure and certain that he and his family were protected because of his lofty position, smugly said that the people who I care for deserve no means of self-defense. To him, they are not human, so why would I consider HIM to be human?

Oh, my. But, that last is a dangerous sentiment.

The whole basis for Nazis killing Jews was that Jews were not quite human.

Similar for the psychiatric theory that man is just an animal with no soul. Lots of psychiatric barbarities practiced on people who were "just animals."

Of course, those were nothing more than smoke-screen justifications. The perps knew full well their crimes were committed against other humans. They just used the justifications to gain some tolerance and reduce resistance to their schemes.

I would argue to consider him human, but stop there. He can be a political enemy, and still be human. Heck, he could be a mortal enemy and still be human.

A common thread amongst the greatest philosophers is charity and mercy towards enemies when they finally come under your power. Treat them less-than-human and you justify their treatment of you.

Last edited:

wrightme

Breyer, feeling secure and certain that he and his family were protected because of his lofty position, smugly said that the people who I care for deserve no means of self-defense. To him, they are not human, so why would I consider HIM to be human?

I couldn't care less whether he survived or not, so long as the attack wasn't with a firearm.

To show that you are not cut from the same cloth as he is....... :(

DVC

Yes. For a Supreme Court justice to believe that the average citizen does not have the same rights as he does is VERY dangerous.

The FBI has sent agents to that island that he lives on, to investigate a $1000 theft at knife-point.

The FBI doesn't do that for regular people. Thus, some consider Breyer to be more than human, and who am I to argue?

DVC

To show that you are not cut from the same cloth as he is....... :(

I'm not cut from the same cloth. I'm one of "the People" mentioned in the Constitution, and Breyer doesn't believe that the People have the right to defend themselves. EVERYONE has that right, it is inherent with being human. If Breyer thinks that he has special privileges not granted to the People, then he's not human until proven to be.

HE thinks that what he is is something better. That, too, has yet to be proved.

wrightme

I'm not cut from the same cloth. I'm one of "the People" mentioned in the Constitution, and Breyer doesn't believe that the People have the right to defend themselves. EVERYONE has that right, it is inherent with being human. If Breyer thinks that he has special privileges not granted to the People, then he's not human until proven to be.

HE thinks that what he is is something better. That, too, has yet to be proved.

you claim he thinks we aren't human, and you use that to justify thinking HE isn't human. Cut from the same cloth.

His view does not justify your view. I choose to be a better person than he chooses to be, but he IS still human.

wrightme

Yes. For a Supreme Court justice to believe that the average citizen does not have the same rights as he does is VERY dangerous.

The FBI has sent agents to that island that he lives on, to investigate a $1000 theft at knife-point.

The FBI doesn't do that for regular people
. Thus, some consider Breyer to be more than human, and who am I to argue?

Breyer isn't 'more than human.' But, the FBI is investigating a crime against a Supreme Court justice.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Breyer isn't 'more than human.' But, the FBI is investigating a crime against a Supreme Court justice.

I'm sure it has been routine procedure for the FBI and other agencies to follow-up on threats against the justices. It's just the same as the Secret Service following up against the President.

wrightme

You really don't get it, do you?
Yes, I DO 'get it.' :rolleyes:
DVC said:
Okay, I'll try to use small words, just for you:
Being condescending doesn't make you more correct. In fact, I take it as a sign that you KNOW you are wrong.

DVC said:
He deserves no more than he thinks that my loved ones deserve -- and he wanted to throw THEM to whatever wolves come along.
Yes, I know that is how you see it. You are cut from the same cloth as he is.

I am a growed upper, you can use big words. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DVC

Yes, I DO 'get it.' :rolleyes:
[quoite=DVC]
Okay, I'll try to use small words, just for you:

Being condescending doesn't make you more correct. In fact, I take it as a sign that you KNOW you are wrong.

Well, when the Dixie Chicks were booed at a performance, they said that they took those boos as being for Bush, so it goes to show that a person in denial can convince themselves of pretty much anything.

Considering your fear of reading the NRA's own words in another thread because it would shake your religious beliefs, little that you say would surprise me.

Last edited:

wrightme

Well, when the Dixie Chicks were booed at a performance, they said that they took those boos as being for Bush, so it goes to show that a person in denial can convince themselves of pretty much anything.
Irrelevant tripe.

DVC said:
Considering your fear of reading the NRA's own words in another thread because it would shake your religious beliefs, little that you say would surprise me.
False statement.

I am not 'in fear of reading the NRA's own words.'

I do not present any 'religious belief' aspect. But, since you mention religion, your anti-NRA stance does show overt religious dogma characteristics. You blindly believe any bad aspect of the NRA, whether it is accurate or not.

I challenge you to find a statement by me of my position on the NRA in these discussions.

AND......
When someone refuses to read something because they know that it might shake their faith, that's RELIGION.

And since it's my policy that the only religion that I will argue is Christianity, this will be my last posting to you on the matter of the NRA or its state affiliate.

You lied.

Last edited:

DVC

I am not 'in fear of reading the NRA's own words.'

False statement. Unless you did read them and simply refused to admit that you were wrong.

But it really doesn't matter, either way. Real civil rights activists are aware of the NRA's feet of clay.

You lied.

Oops, sorry. I guess if you believe that any mention whatsoever violates my statement, then you're going to have to live with it. You just feel free to close your eyes, plug your ears and hum REAL LOUD anytime you see my name on a post, because you're just likely to see something which is contrary to your religious beliefs.

OC for ME

The whole basis for Nazis killing Jews was that Jews were not quite human.

Similar for the psychiatric theory that man is just an animal with no soul. Lots of psychiatric barbarities practiced on people who were "just animals."

Of course, those were nothing more than smoke-screen justifications. The perps knew full well their crimes were committed against other humans. They just used the justifications to gain some tolerance and reduce resistance to their schemes.

I would argue to consider him human, but stop there. He can be a political enemy, and still be human. Heck, he could be a mortal enemy and still be human.

A common thread amongst the greatest philosophers is charity and mercy towards enemies when they finally come under your power. Treat them less-than-human and you justify their treatment of you.
DVC is singularly focused on Breyer. You jump to Nazis killing Jews....

But, Breyer does believe that the average citizen should be treated no different than the Jews where a fundamental right to self-defense is concerned.