• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harbor Freight Tools Respone

range rat

Believe me its hard to word these so they get the point across without sounding condescending. I still recommend sending something to them but try to make it somewhat diplomatic.

The original versions (there were several) had informed them that I added them to the friend or foe listing but decided that may sound a little threatening. I thought mentioning the 60k plus CCL holders should get the same effect. I did add them to the FoF list though :lol:[/QUOTE

I tryed the nice guy route, no such luck. So i go to the BBB, an I did get a respone, not the one I wanted, But a respone. It now tells me there is more here then meets the eye.
That is why I went this route.

Sun, January 22, 2012 3:59:26 PMBBB - Web Complaint
From: "info@santabarbara.bbb.org" <info@santabarbara.bbb.org>Add to Contacts
To: garymalachowski@att.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for filing your complaint. As you requested, below is a copy of your complaint.

Within the next business day, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the complaint. That acknowledgment will also give you information on how you can track the status of your complaint through our website.

Complainant Information

Mr. Gary Malacowski
3017 East Grange ave apt 2
Cudahy, WI 53110 USA
garymalachowski@att.net
Phone: (414) -74-4-8207
Fax:

Company Information:

Harbor Freight Tools
3491 Mission Oaks Blvd.
Camarillo, CA 93011-6010
Phone: (800) 905-5464

Complaint Text

Description of Complaint: I recently had of some troubling circumstances which occurred at a Harbor Freight Tools Store. As the issue is important to me, I am writing you to obtain independent verification, the issue at hand is the corporate policy of Harbor Freight Tools regarding customers who lawfully carry firearms in Harbor Freight Tools Stores. According to one of your Wisconsin store Managers, Harbor Freight Tools decided not to allow concealed weapons within your Wisconsin stores.Stating Harbor Freight values the safety of all of our patrons and employees.But then why does Harbor Freight Tools allows Conceal Carry as well as Open Carry in there Stores, as far away as Kalamazoo, MI. Battle Creek , Michigan an as well as your stores in Minnesota.These States are but a few that have Conceal Carry an/or Open Carry laws for Years,an are Allowed to carry in their Harbor Freight Stores.So my Question is, Why is Harbor Freight Tools Discriminating against law abiding citizens of Wisconsin who have gone through the proper channels of state/federal background checks too obtain a concealed carry license issued by the Wisconsin Department of Justice. As of to date there are over Forty Thousand men & women who now have there Wisconsin Conceal Carry Permit,an With 4.3 Million Men & Women over 21 years old in Wisconsin, an a projection of 1.3 Million to get their Conceal Carry Permits can you really afford to alienate even 10 percent of them ?

Resolution Sought: Desired Settlement: Other (requires explanation)
Desired Outcome Description: Cease The Discrimination against Wisconsin men & women who are just Exercising there Second Amendment right to Keep an Bare Arms. While allowing other States to Exercise Theirs
Date Problem Started: 1/12/2012
Date of Transaction: 1/12/2012
Amount in Dispute: $0.00
Invoice Number:
Complaint Type: Customer Service Issues
Product or Service:

If you have any questions regarding your complaint, please contact the Complaint Dept. at (805) 963-8657 or email info@santabarbara.bbb.org.

Complaint Department

BBB of the Tri-Counties

OK, Hold this thought I,ll be right back, Dinnertime....

Griffin1340

As far as I'm concerned I have no dollars to spend at Harbor Freight. When I look around the store all I see is cheap Chinese junk and more American jobs disappearing to our economic enemies in the east. Let them continue to discriminate against CCW...I won't shop their anyways.

Archangel

Description of Complaint: I recently had of some troubling circumstances which occurred at a Harbor Freight Tools Store. As the issue is important to me, I am writing you to obtain independent verification, the issue at hand is the corporate policy of Harbor Freight Tools regarding customers who lawfully carry firearms in Harbor Freight Tools Stores. According to one of your Wisconsin store Managers, Harbor Freight Tools decided not to allow concealed weapons within your Wisconsin stores.Stating Harbor Freight values the safety of all of our patrons and employees.But then why does Harbor Freight Tools allows Conceal Carry as well as Open Carry in there Stores, as far away as Kalamazoo, MI. Battle Creek , Michigan an as well as your stores in Minnesota.These States are but a few that have Conceal Carry an/or Open Carry laws for Years,an are Allowed to carry in their Harbor Freight Stores.So my Question is, Why is Harbor Freight Tools Discriminating against law abiding citizens of Wisconsin who have gone through the proper channels of state/federal background checks too obtain a concealed carry license issued by the Wisconsin Department of Justice. As of to date there are over Forty Thousand men & women who now have there Wisconsin Conceal Carry Permit,an With 4.3 Million Men & Women over 21 years old in Wisconsin, an a projection of 1.3 Million to get their Conceal Carry Permits can you really afford to alienate even 10 percent of them ?

Complaint Summary

The Discrimination against Wisconsin men & women who are just Exercising there Second Amendment right to Keep an Bare Arms.

Resolution Sought

Cease The Discrimination against Wisconsin men & women who are just Exercising there Second Amendment right to Keep an Bare Arms. While allowing other States to Exercise Theirs

Consumer's Rebuttal

.But then why does Harbor Freight Tools allows Concealed Carry as well as Open Carry in there Stores, as far away as Kalamazoo, MI. Battle Creek , Michigan an as well as your stores in Minnesota.These States are but a few that have Concealed Carry an/or Open Carry laws for Years,an are Allowed to carry in their Harbor Freight Stores.So my Question is, Why is Harbor Freight Tools Discriminating against law abiding citizens of Wisconsin who have gone through the proper channels of state/federal background checks too obtain a concealed carry license issued by the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
By allowing the rest of the States to Conceal Carry & Open Carry in Harbor Freight Tools Stores amounts to nothing more then Selective Discrimination of our Second Amendment Rights. So why is this ? an why isn't Harbor Freight Tools doing this to all the States?
My only response is please for goodness sake use spellcheck when sending letters of complaint and even then have somebody PROOFREAD the letter first! I hit the highlights on just a cursory examination of that complaint.

Feel free to flame away, but if I am the business exec and I got a letter like that, once I stopped laughing it's going into the circular file.

Not trying to be a spelling and grammar nazi, I make plenty of errors in both spelling and grammar. However, when sending something to a corporation or to a politician I do my best to ensure that both are impeccable before sending them out, such as having somebody proofread the letter first to catch anything I may have missed. I also will not send out something I've written when I am angry or emotional. I take some time to cool off and then write out a reasoned response.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All very interesting because Harbor Freight in Richmond, Va has no gun buster sign and I have OCd there on many occasions.

bigdaddy1

I assume the company is a franchise, and the stores in Wisconsin are owned by a liberal company or individual that believes guns are animated objects that will rise up and conquer the world. The stores in other parts of the country that do not prohibit self protection are probably owned by other companies or individuals.