• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus 405?

fire suppressor

I have never been a big Taurus fan but their new revolver really caught my eye. The Taurus 405 is a 5 shot revolver chambered in 40 S&W! I know every caliber has its place and benefits but the 40 cal is my personal favorite. I would love to have one unified round for all of my carry guns. They are new enough I have not been able to find one to look at and there is not a ton of information out there about them yet. Anyone have any insight into the 405?

amlevin

One of the attractive features of a revolver is that it's simple. The only basic thing that's changed with this revolver is the bore diameter and the cylinder which accommodates a cartridge that headspaces on the case mouth rather than the rim.

Taurus makes good revolvers and the price/value ratio is very favorable.