NoWeapons in Vehicles & Registration of Weapons Policy
The Wisconsin state law permits concealed carry weapons – handgun, electric weapon or knife other than a switchblade – in a vehicle while in company parking lots. While signage will prohibit weapons of any sort in or around our buildings, we will comply with the storage of a weapon in a vehicle while in company parking lots. However, employees and guests (contractors, vendors, suppliers, etc.) on the Campus must comply with these Company standards:
• Notify Security in person that you have or intend to periodically have a weapon in your vehicle, and provide a copy of a permit issued by the State of Wisconsin
• The firearm must be stored in a secure location such as a locked glove compartment or trunk
• All safety mechanisms must be installed and it is strongly preferred the firearm be unloaded while on company property
• While on Company property, the firearm shall never be in plain view
• If the weapon is a knife or other bladed weapon, the weapon will be sheathed and placed in a secure location of the vehicle where it cannot be seen in plain view
Note: Long guns, rifles, bow and arrows, or any other weapons or explosives that are not specifically identified as being a concealed carry weapon, are prohibited anytime and anywhere on the Milwaukee Campus.
Seems like this policy has some issues to address...
Can a private company actually demand to see my CCW permit in order to park in their lots???
Can they prohibit long guns in their lots? Say I go from work to trap shooting. Shotgun in trunk saves me a trip home between.
They also are forcing "conceal" but what if a person does not have a CCW permit and open carry's in their vehicle on the way to work.
I would like some input from the mass of knowledge lurking in this forum. Thanks
I don't know offhand.