• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Milwaukee Homicides: Killings boost deadly mark to 9-year high for date. MJS

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/139266273.html
Seven people were slain in Milwaukee between Feb.8 and Feb. 12, pushing the city’s homicide total for 2012 up to 14 and placing the deadly mark as of Feb. 12 at its highest point on that date in at least the past nine years.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...milwaukees-total-to-14-eo465dj-139250918.html

Also Monday two men were charged in a fatal shooting near N. 76th St. and Florist Ave. that the defendants claim was drug-related.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/teen-charged-in-fatal-milwaukee-shooting-9l46d10-139247988.html

HandyHamlet

Obviously a media hit piece and lie aimed at slandering the hero Flynn and his ShotStopper. There can be no crime as long as ShotStopper is in place.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
So...The Next Time You Are Being Attacked By Someone...Who Has No "Weapon"..Read This

This is a snip from the article. Think of this and statute 939.48 for self defense...how much "force" used against an attacker is "enough" or "too much"?

"James E. Kimmons, 52, was beaten to death at 5:25 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of N. 34th St.

Court records state Kimmons had an argument with a 25-year-old man. It escalated into a fight during which the other man "intentionally struck" Kimmons numerous times with closed fists in the face, according to a preliminary police investigation. Kimmons suffered massive facial trauma and brain bleeding and required emergency surgery. He was initially taken to Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa in critical condition. One person has been arrested in that case, Schwartz said."

GreenCountyPete

i think it has more to do with temperature than anything

that is correct . i said temperature as in degrees Fahrenheit, it has been a warm winter littel snow , people are out and doing the business of crime.

there is hardly ever a night during the summer over 80 degrees that doesn't result in a murder, shooting or armed robbery in Milwaukee.

the warmer out it is the more likely that more people are out and about doing both legal and illegal activities

if it is 10 below zero and the wind is blowing you don't stand outside a tavern long enough to get in an argument , people stay home , they go out quickly do their business and don't loiter.

but when all that is needed is a jacket more people good and bad are out and about

come summer everyone is out , especially in neighbor hoods full of old house with no air conditioning, it is hot they are already uncomfortable , tempers flair that much sooner.

a percentage of the number of heating or cooling degrees given by the national weather service could be used to determine crime rates and homicides and not be to far off.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
that is correct . i said temperature as in degrees Fahrenheit, it has been a warm winter littel snow , people are out and doing the business of crime.

Well GCP, I think you have hit the nail on the head. Far too many years ago in one of my statistics and research design classes, the professor was teaching on the topic of linear and curvilinear correlations and spurious relationships. To demonstrate he shared a study showing a strikingly strong correlation between the total sales of ice cream in New York City and the number of reported rapes in that same city. No one in the class bought in to the premise that the consumption of frozen dairy products and confections led to increased urges to engage in violent, sexual behavior. The key variable was temperature. The same temperatures that brought everyone outdoors for late night walks or sleeping with windows open (or sleeping on fire escapes) were the very same temperatures that led to a craving for an ice cream cone or a banana split. The increased number of potential victims on the streets is what led to the increase in the reported rapes.