• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

That arrogant SOB

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Saslaw is discussing SB438.

He thinks the only education bills that should be passed should benefit NOVA alone.

He said "Lets face it, there are two educational systems in Virginia. Northern Va. and everything else":banghead:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

He thinks the only education bills that should be passed should benefit NOVA alone.

He said "Lets face it, there are two educational systems in Virginia. Northern Va. and everything else":banghead:

Peter,

Are you playing Captain Obvious today? :D If it's not about him, it's not about anything... You won't find any Saslaw lovers here....

Glockster

Not really new....oh wait, your talking about education. Thought this was about the highways and lack of funding outside of NoVA. :banghead:

Seems like many days it's all about the state of Northern Virginia.

TFred

I hope you got that on video... If so, you obviously need to get that posted as a short, but in-context sound bite asap... I will post links to it everywhere I can, it needs to go viral!

TFred

Repeater

Senate Minutes

Check out today's Senate Minutes.

There were numerous close votes. More disturbing, some key votes were reconsidered, then flipped.

That could happen to key gun votes.

SB438 was Senator Obenshain's attempt to rein in the powerful Teachers Union, (the VEA), which delights in brainwashing Virginia's school children in Marxist Ideology. And yes, that's includes hating guns and the RKBA.

See what happened. Scary shoot.

Shoot happens.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
And how does this tie into Virginia Open Carry?

It gives us another angle to attack Saslaw with so that we can be rid of him. That way we can get someone who supports open carry. Yea, it's a stretch to answer your question...

TFred

It gives us another angle to attack Saslaw with so that we can be rid of him. That way we can get someone who supports open carry. Yea, it's a stretch to answer your question...
I have to agree here. ANYTHING that exposes Saslaw for the [insert paragraphs of disparaging but truthful descriptors here] that he is, is inherently GOOD for Virginia Open Carry. No additional correlation is needed, because Saslaw is that bad for Virginia Open Carry and freedoms of every kind.

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It gives us another angle to attack Saslaw with so that we can be rid of him.

Well, that's gonna be a pretty tall order. First, you gotta have somebody who will run against him.

In his last election, he was basically unopposed. I vaguely recall a Republican or Independent challenger, but I think the guy bowed out early.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well, that's gonna be a pretty tall order. First, you gotta have somebody who will run against him.

In his last election, he was basically unopposed. I vaguely recall a Republican or Independent challenger, but I think the guy bowed out early.

Thundar is in charge of that!:lol:

Last edited:

Repeater

I have to agree here. ANYTHING that exposes Saslaw for the [insert paragraphs of disparaging but truthful descriptors here] that he is, is inherently GOOD for Virginia Open Carry. No additional correlation is needed, because Saslaw is that bad for Virginia Open Carry and freedoms of every kind.

TFred

Saslaw is that bad for Virginia Open Carry and freedoms of every kind.

See here:
Senate Democratic Leader Richard L. Saslaw, D-Fairfax said: "There ain't but one or two people over there who believe in science. Their chief accomplishment is guns and abortion. That's it. That's it."

Repeater

Saslaw = Freedom hating, gun rights hating SOB. Bashing him is like bashing Bloomberg.

Besides, it helps to learn how our adversaries operate. That's why watching the tightly-wound Senate is instructive.

As for the Communist Teachers Lobby, who seek to indoctrinate Virginia schoolchildren into feeling that guns are bad, there's this:

Teachers will wear black to mourn education cuts
Teachers in Hampton Roads and across the state will wear black Friday to mourn funding cuts and what they see as a loss of respect from elected officials for public education.

Kitty Boitnott, president of the VEA, said in the release: "We are in mourning because of the open disrespect and disdain being shown Virginia's public school teachers by members of this General Assembly and the governor."

Well, as long as they advocate gun bans on school grounds, they don't deserve any respect. So there.