• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Citizens Academy information

911Grunt

It’s that time of year where different Police/Sheriff and 911 centers offer citizens academy where you can learn about their operations and usually last 8-10 weeks. Would anyone be interested in this information or should I post it someplace else in the boards?

all comments welcome

GuidoZ

I went through a local city PD one - loved it. Great information, excellent talks, and they didn't back down at the tough questions. Got a firsthand look at how they operate and it sincerely did make me respect them more. In turn, they got to hear "our side" and even changed some policies because of discussions. I'm currently in the process of being approved for the FBI version in Seattle. Should be a blast. =)

--
Peace. ~G