• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Websites

MuffinTheMan

Hey guys, I have looked around and found that several states have their own open carry websites. Nebraska is a bit lacking in the open carry movement, so I decided to try to get it going. Here's the website I'm working on; I'd like to know if anyone has any feedback for me. I'm just getting started, but I'll hopefully be able to get much more law information posted as well as beef up the "Why Open Carry" section and eventually get some events going. I welcome your thoughts!

-MtM

georg jetson

Hey guys, I have looked around and found that several states have their own open carry websites. Nebraska is a bit lacking in the open carry movement, so I decided to try to get it going. Here's the website I'm working on; I'd like to know if anyone has any feedback for me. I'm just getting started, but I'll hopefully be able to get much more law information posted as well as beef up the "Why Open Carry" section and eventually get some events going. I welcome your thoughts!

-MtM

Feedback?? How about this... Hell yeah!!!

It's extremely important that each state and then even each county/parish get organized. I'm involved with the open carry organization in Louisiana called LOCAL. There isn't many of us, but the few of us that are participating are making a difference in the state.

Try to organize a face to face meeting!! It helps when people get to know each other.

Last edited:

sraacke

Feedback?? How about this... Hell yeah!!!

It's extremely important that each state and then even each county/parish get organized. I'm involved with the open carry organization in Louisiana called LOCAL. There isn't many of us, but the few of us that are participating are making a difference in the state.

Try to organize a face to face meeting!! It helps when people get to know each other.

He's not only involved, he just got elected as President.

Like Georg said, contact other Nebraska OCers and organize a few meetups. Nothing too formal at first. Get organized and start putting the word out.
Have you contacted the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association? Are you a member? Maybe they can help guide you as you start out and offer some support. At one of the first LOCAL meetings we had the President of La Shooting Association as our guest. He spoke about LSA and it's role as a state level NRA type gun rights group and how we can learn from them. He talked about the importance in being a positive image for OC and distancing ourselves from some of the extreamists and radicals which were getting to be known from negative LEO encounters and marches on businesses. It was because of those types, many who used to post to this forum, that we formed LOCAL in the first place.

Last edited:

jonjon_jon

I know this is of topic but didn't want to start new thread

Can someone tell me who is the girl is pictured in the web page when you come to opencarry.org site? I know it's inrrelevant? Iv'e just always wondered who she is?

MuffinTheMan

I actually came across your site and have a link to it on mine. I'll definitely be looking to see about having some get-togethers. I'm also interested in seeing which of our state legislators may be helpful in making our state more Constitution-friendly. Thanks for the feedback!