Thread: stun guns

stun guns

I have my ccw permit why cant i find a place that sells stun guns in wisconsin for someone with a permit?

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner05 View Post
    I have my ccw permit why cant i find a place that sells stun guns in wisconsin for someone with a permit?
    You can find a good one here. A few of us have them already and they are scary powerful.... Almost guaranteed to make a bad guy either run away in fear or fall down and soil himself....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    You can find a good one here. A few of us have them already and they are scary powerful.... Almost guaranteed to make a bad guy either run away in fear or fall down and soil himself....

They won't ship to WI.

http://www.tbotech.com/

You just have to email them a copy of your license.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    They won't ship to WI.
    I'm in Wisconsin and they shipped to me back in November, without showing proof of license.

6.8 MILLION volts, LED light, built-in charger, lifetime warranty, two safeties, free shipping, $9.99.
    Last edited by davegran; 02-15-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

So do you have to have a permit to own electric weapons like this?

Quote Originally Posted by HolyOrangeJuice View Post
    So do you have to have a permit to own electric weapons like this?

Prior law made it a felony for anyone, other than law enforcement, correctional officers and military personnel acting in the line of duty from possessing an electric weapon. Under the CCW laws, the prohibition against possessing or going armed with an electric weapon does not apply to any of the following:
     A CCW licensee or an out-of-state licensee.
     An individual who goes armed with an electric weapon in his or her own dwelling
    or place of business or on land that he or she owns, leases, or legally occupies.
    Wis. Stat. § 941.295(2g).

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Electronic stun guns are ILLEGAL in most municipalities.

66.0409 ONLY preempts firearms. Therefore, local county, city, village, town can restrict carry of such things and most do.

Almost all have an "Illegal to go armed with a dangerous weapon" ordinance that lists (firearms, knives, tasers, stun guns, brass knuckles).

So I would be very careful as you risk an ordinance violation.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post

66.0409 ONLY preempts firearms. Therefore, local county, city, village, town can restrict carry of such things and most do.

Almost all have an "Illegal to go armed with a dangerous weapon" ordinance that lists (firearms, knives, tasers, stun guns, brass knuckles).

Thanks for the heads-up, bnh; it's too bad we practically have to have a law degree to exercise our 2A RIGHTS without treading on some local law maker's toes.... Would an ordinance violation be a fine? How about a claw hammer on a carpenter's belt? Sorry, not enough coffee yet....

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

SABRE 800,000 volt Black stun gun with LED. Holster included. On/Off safety switch, LED and Stun Button. Serial number and 2 Year Warranty.

State laws prohibit us from shipping this stun gun model to HI, MA, MI NJ, NY, RI or WI

Dimensions:
    4.75 inches tall X 2 inches wide X 1 inch deep - 22% smaller than traditional stun guns

I have one of these and it is totally useless. Makes alot of noise but it barely hurts. Stay away from stun guns and get a Taser.

http://www.taser.com/products/law-en.../taser-x26-ecd

That said, I just carry a gun...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2079201338437b395868f_m.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	7958  
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

How Do You Know?

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post

That "most municipalities" have this restriction? They may indeed but I don't know how to do such an inventory. You should also remember that to the extent that the relevant provision is an "incorporated by reference" state law - it may not matter since the local ordinance is the same as state law. Another thing is how "firearm" is defined. If it includes a weapon that shoots a projectile by explosive force, a taser may be covered. Of course, the safest route is to amend the preemption statute to explicity include any CWL weapon. Given the purpose of Act 35 and the related statutory changes, it is not inconceivable that a judge would say that all CWL weapons are "constructively preempted."

Herr Heckler Koch
    My municipality does not currently regulate other than firearms, and does not incorporate state law by reference. Spring force and compressed gas are not explosive force in law or that I know.

You have not run into any real bad guys ,drunks or druggies that don't care. Some people just don't scare.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner05 View Post
    Deerfield Pistol is selling both stun guns and Tasers. No permit is needed to buy or own them, but without a CCL you have to transport them in a case. I don't think they're a particularly good choice for most people, but each person can decide that for himself or herself based on their circumstances.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    You have not run into any real bad guys ,drunks or druggies that don't care. Some people just don't scare.
    I don't know about druggies, but real bad guys and drunks have no control over their muscle response to high voltage. From good 'ol Wikipedia,
    Electroshock weapon technology uses a temporary high-voltage low-current electrical discharge to override the body's muscle-triggering mechanisms....

Manufacturers' instructions and manuals shipped with the products state that a half-second shock duration will cause intense pain and muscle contractions, startling most people greatly. Two to three seconds will often cause the subject to become dazed and drop to the ground, and over three seconds will usually completely disorient and drop an attacker for at least several seconds.....
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

I don't know about druggies, but real bad guys and drunks have no control over their muscle response to high voltage. From good 'ol Wikipedia,
    Your right most of the time but nothing is 100 percent. A few people just aren't affected for what ever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Your right most of the time but nothing is 100 percent. A few people just aren't affected for what ever reason.
    body fat can act as an insulator. that is why tasers are used by LEO's. they pierce the fatty tissue and hit muscle which can relay the signal and drop the BG.

body fat can act as an insulator. that is why tasers are used by LEO's. they pierce the fatty tissue and hit muscle which can relay the signal and drop the BG.
    Even Tazers have a failure rate for many differant reasons.

I've never heard that before; do you have a citation?
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

I've never heard that before; do you have a citation?
    friend is an emt. told me about it. i don't have a cite other than that no.

friend is an emt. told me about it. i don't have a cite other than that no.
    It's technical, but here:

http://www.ipicd.com/docs/Japan_BEMS.pdf

and

http://www.braidwoodinquiry.ca/prese...in_panescu.pdf
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Aren't these studies about the probability of causing ventricular fibrillation with a taser, not their effectiveness in temporary incapacitation?
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox: