• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stun guns

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
They won't ship to WI.
I'm in Wisconsin and they shipped to me back in November, without showing proof of license.
3520w1s.jpg

6.8 MILLION volts, LED light, built-in charger, lifetime warranty, two safeties, free shipping, $9.99.

Last edited:

Dobb

So do you have to have a permit to own electric weapons like this?

Prior law made it a felony for anyone, other than law enforcement, correctional officers and military personnel acting in the line of duty from possessing an electric weapon. Under the CCW laws, the prohibition against possessing or going armed with an electric weapon does not apply to any of the following:
 A CCW licensee or an out-of-state licensee.
 An individual who goes armed with an electric weapon in his or her own dwelling
or place of business or on land that he or she owns, leases, or legally occupies.
Wis. Stat. § 941.295(2g).

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Electronic stun guns are ILLEGAL in most municipalities.

66.0409 ONLY preempts firearms. Therefore, local county, city, village, town can restrict carry of such things and most do.

Almost all have an "Illegal to go armed with a dangerous weapon" ordinance that lists (firearms, knives, tasers, stun guns, brass knuckles).

So I would be very careful as you risk an ordinance violation.

davegran

66.0409 ONLY preempts firearms. Therefore, local county, city, village, town can restrict carry of such things and most do.

Almost all have an "Illegal to go armed with a dangerous weapon" ordinance that lists (firearms, knives, tasers, stun guns, brass knuckles).

Thanks for the heads-up, bnh; it's too bad we practically have to have a law degree to exercise our 2A RIGHTS without treading on some local law maker's toes.... Would an ordinance violation be a fine? How about a claw hammer on a carpenter's belt? Sorry, not enough coffee yet.... :eek:

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran

SABRE 800,000 volt Black stun gun with LED. Holster included. On/Off safety switch, LED and Stun Button. Serial number and 2 Year Warranty.

State laws prohibit us from shipping this stun gun model to HI, MA, MI NJ, NY, RI or WI

Dimensions:
4.75 inches tall X 2 inches wide X 1 inch deep - 22% smaller than traditional stun guns

I have one of these and it is totally useless. Makes alot of noise but it barely hurts. Stay away from stun guns and get a Taser.

http://www.taser.com/products/law-enforcement/taser-x26-ecd

That said, I just carry a gun...

Attachments

• a2079201338437b395868f_m.jpg
    a2079201338437b395868f_m.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 129

apjonas

How Do You Know?

That "most municipalities" have this restriction? They may indeed but I don't know how to do such an inventory. You should also remember that to the extent that the relevant provision is an "incorporated by reference" state law - it may not matter since the local ordinance is the same as state law. Another thing is how "firearm" is defined. If it includes a weapon that shoots a projectile by explosive force, a taser may be covered. Of course, the safest route is to amend the preemption statute to explicity include any CWL weapon. Given the purpose of Act 35 and the related statutory changes, it is not inconceivable that a judge would say that all CWL weapons are "constructively preempted."

H

Herr Heckler Koch

My municipality does not currently regulate other than firearms, and does not incorporate state law by reference. Spring force and compressed gas are not explosive force in law or that I know.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I have my ccw permit why cant i find a place that sells stun guns in wisconsin for someone with a permit?

Deerfield Pistol is selling both stun guns and Tasers. No permit is needed to buy or own them, but without a CCL you have to transport them in a case. I don't think they're a particularly good choice for most people, but each person can decide that for himself or herself based on their circumstances.

davegran

You have not run into any real bad guys ,drunks or druggies that don't care. Some people just don't scare.
I don't know about druggies, but real bad guys and drunks have no control over their muscle response to high voltage. From good 'ol Wikipedia,
Electroshock weapon technology uses a temporary high-voltage low-current electrical discharge to override the body's muscle-triggering mechanisms....

Manufacturers' instructions and manuals shipped with the products state that a half-second shock duration will cause intense pain and muscle contractions, startling most people greatly. Two to three seconds will often cause the subject to become dazed and drop to the ground, and over three seconds will usually completely disorient and drop an attacker for at least several seconds.....

Sorcice

Your right most of the time but nothing is 100 percent. A few people just aren't affected for what ever reason.

body fat can act as an insulator. that is why tasers are used by LEO's. they pierce the fatty tissue and hit muscle which can relay the signal and drop the BG.