• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mich. gun advocates support Starbucks' open-carry policy

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...dvocates-support-Starbucks--open-carry-policy

"Roseville — Sheri Donofrio took the steps necessary to carry a weapon where allowed by law.So when the Roseville resident learned a national group was boycotting Starbucks locations nationwide on Valentine's Day because the coffee chain welcomes customers who open-carry their weapons, she joined other gun advocates at a Roseville Starbucks on Tuesday to support the chain."

click on link for more

griffin

This would be a good thread to post Starbucks BUYcott news articles if we find them. I read a number that were written the day before the BUYcott. Let me see if there are any follow-ups after.

detroit_fan

I'm glad this was such a success. From all the interviews I've heard from SB corporate they have no intention of caving on this issue, so I'm happy so many were able to support them yesterday.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
+1

It's always great when the news gets it right. I don't expect everyone to agree with me or us; I just expect them to do their research before they send it out via: broadcasts, print, and web media outlets. Props to the Free Press / Detroit News for being spot on. :D

Last edited:

griffin

Here's a Starbucks that, from what I can gather, thought the $2 bills were counterfeit, and so when they checked them for legitimacy, determined they were fake. :banghead:

[video=youtube;PjN8fybAxzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjN8fybAxzw[/video]

Last edited:

griffin

Story behind the video.

http://www.itstactical.com/centcom/...-day-aar-the-buycott-and-counterfeit-2-bills/

They marked all of our $2 bills to see if they were counterfeit and wouldn’t accept the majority of them. As you can also see in our photos, our bills were perfectly legit, even verified as such by the officers that showed up.

It’s tough to support a company that seems to not want to be supported, at least at the Starbucks on Pipeline and 820 in Ft. Worth, TX. As mentioned, the Police showed up with a report that we were “demonstrating” outside, when all of the roughly 20 of us were doing is standing around talking and drinking coffee.

The officer also laughed when we showed him the $2 bills the improperly trained Starbucks employees had marked up. They tried to say that the ink smears on fake $2 bills, as it was on our “newly printed” $2 bills. Despite me trying to say that it’s smearing because it’s new ink and that it turns black when a counterfeit detector pen is used to mark on it. Starbucks obviously needs to train these employees better at this location.

It was great to have the support of the local Police and they all enjoyed the ITS patches and stickers we handed them; the first officer that walked up gave us a triumphant fist in the air and a “I’m with you guys.”

Last edited:

griffin

News story from Virginia.

[video=youtube;BDViTvon1c0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDViTvon1c0[/video]