Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door to door gun confications are happening? Illinois?

Door to door gun confications are happening? Illinois?

http://www.icarry.org/ftopict-5548.html

quote "State Police in undercover cars are apparently confiscating large numbers of guns by going door-to-door to FOID card holders who have either expired cards or revoked cards.

I know this because a couple that are personal friends of mine, who I've known for years, had a visit yesterday. My friend's FOID card was 5 days expired. They confiscated all of his guns and ammunition.

He was at work at the time, but his wife, who has been through a long and hard battle with cancer, was home. The State Police took advantage of her lack of knowledge of her rights and her kindness and used it to steal all of their weapons.

These people were on my trap team. They are good people - the best kind of people. They are originally from Tennessee where this kind of nonsense doesn't happen. They are very fed up with Illinois right now.":

Does anyone know about this and is this the case?

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i read the whole thread... i didn't see any real evidence of large scale firearm confiscation.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    When do we mount up?

I never said this was large scale, nor implied such. What I did do is ask if anyone was familiar with this and knew anything about it. The insane idea that the expired card suddenly means your property belongs to them is unconstitutional in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    i read the whole thread... i didn't see any real evidence of large scale firearm confiscation.

Banned
    They know better than to do anything large scale, bad press and politics. They just continue to chip away at it while we sit here and complain to ourselves about it.

Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    I never said this was large scale, nor implied such. What I did do is ask if anyone was familiar with this and knew anything about it. The insane idea that the expired card suddenly means your property belongs to them is unconstitutional in the least.
    the original poster of the thread you cite did and does imply such.

Multi-Agency Collaboration Effort Credited

Rockford, Ill. -- The Illinois State Police, Rockford Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office, Loves Park Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) conducted a revoked Firearms Owner Identification (FOID) card operation this morning as part of the continuing “Operation Clean Sweep.”

The operation started early Wednesday morning with approximately 25-30 officers from Illinois State Police, Rockford Police, Winnebago County Sheriff’s, Loves Police and the ATF. Approximately 25 residences were targeted as part of the operation. The purpose of the operation was to ensure individuals with revoked FOID privileges were not illegally possessing or transferring firearms.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pre...ils.cfm?ID=608
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

'Revoked FOID'? Doesn't say anything about 'expired'.

How does one get his FOID revoked?
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    'Revoked FOID'? Doesn't say anything about 'expired'.

How does one get his FOID revoked?
    A felony conviction??
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    Could be some misdemeanor totally unrelated to guns, if its anything like michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Could be some misdemeanor totally unrelated to guns, if its anything like michigan.
    yeah, like losing your cpl for 8 years because of a reckless driving ticket.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Banned
    So, do you think that it is right that could happen to someone?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 02-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.

I'll get into that in detail shortly.

So, do you think that it is right that could happen to someone?
    not sure if you mean the ridiculous MI laws or the even more ridiculous IL laws, but i don't agree with either. and the whole idea of having a foid card should be unconstitutional altogether, but i guess the people of Illinois are content to let them get away with it. hell now rahm emanuel is calling for a statewide gun registry. the Second amendment Foundation's case against IL was just thrown out by a Federal judge too because they said the SCOTUS has ruled that the 2A only applies inside someone home.

Banned
    I agree with you in every point.

sent you a pm stainless

Wait, you mean registration led to confiscation? Hmmm, who would have guessed?

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

hitler maybe?

Banned

Wow just wow. When I read "operation clean sweep" I immediately got a picture in my head of the Nazis going house to house and disarming the Jews.
    Never get complacent. Practice situational awareness. Stay alert stay alive.

actually, as big a fan as i am of godwin's law, i don't feel my line meets the criteria. i was answering a legitimate question about who would have guessed registration would lead to confiscation with a legitimate answer.

the definition of godwin's law is that hitler is invoked inappropriately.
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 02-15-2012 at 07:48 PM.

I take it there's not as many boating accidents in Illinois as there is in Michigan.

Banned
    Hmm, guess you're right SLM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Wait, you mean registration led to confiscation? Hmmm, who would have guessed?

Bronson
    They did that in CA years ago!Thats what THEY DO!THEY will never quit trying!THEY wait until no one is paying attention!THEY do it behind the scenes(Obama-Holder)!STAY AWAKE!PAY ATTENTION!NEVER QUIT!CARRY ON!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Quote Originally Posted by hamaneggs View Post
    They did that in CA years ago!Thats what THEY DO!THEY will never quit trying!THEY wait until no one is paying attention!THEY do it behind the scenes(Obama-Holder)!STAY AWAKE!PAY ATTENTION!NEVER QUIT!CARRY ON!
    with the appointments of sonia and elana i would say he doing it right out in the open. it makes me so mad when i read that "obama has not done anything bad to gun owners and has actually expanded gun rights". i guess the appointment of 2 of the most anti 2A justices in history is not a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    A felony conviction??
    Well, then, confiscation is a possibility. Sell 'em before you get convicted! (if possible)
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast