• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Door to door gun confications are happening? Illinois?

alphamale

http://www.icarry.org/ftopict-5548.html

quote "State Police in undercover cars are apparently confiscating large numbers of guns by going door-to-door to FOID card holders who have either expired cards or revoked cards.

I know this because a couple that are personal friends of mine, who I've known for years, had a visit yesterday. My friend's FOID card was 5 days expired. They confiscated all of his guns and ammunition.

He was at work at the time, but his wife, who has been through a long and hard battle with cancer, was home. The State Police took advantage of her lack of knowledge of her rights and her kindness and used it to steal all of their weapons.

These people were on my trap team. They are good people - the best kind of people. They are originally from Tennessee where this kind of nonsense doesn't happen. They are very fed up with Illinois right now.":

Does anyone know about this and is this the case?

alphamale

I never said this was large scale, nor implied such. What I did do is ask if anyone was familiar with this and knew anything about it. The insane idea that the expired card suddenly means your property belongs to them is unconstitutional in the least.

i read the whole thread... i didn't see any real evidence of large scale firearm confiscation.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
I never said this was large scale, nor implied such. What I did do is ask if anyone was familiar with this and knew anything about it. The insane idea that the expired card suddenly means your property belongs to them is unconstitutional in the least.

the original poster of the thread you cite did and does imply such.

HandyHamlet

Multi-Agency Collaboration Effort Credited

Rockford, Ill. -- The Illinois State Police, Rockford Police Department, Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office, Loves Park Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) conducted a revoked Firearms Owner Identification (FOID) card operation this morning as part of the continuing “Operation Clean Sweep.”

The operation started early Wednesday morning with approximately 25-30 officers from Illinois State Police, Rockford Police, Winnebago County Sheriff’s, Loves Police and the ATF. Approximately 25 residences were targeted as part of the operation. The purpose of the operation was to ensure individuals with revoked FOID privileges were not illegally possessing or transferring firearms.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pressdetails.cfm?ID=608

detroit_fan

I'll get into that in detail shortly.

So, do you think that it is right that could happen to someone?

not sure if you mean the ridiculous MI laws or the even more ridiculous IL laws, but i don't agree with either. and the whole idea of having a foid card should be unconstitutional altogether, but i guess the people of Illinois are content to let them get away with it. hell now rahm emanuel is calling for a statewide gun registry. the Second amendment Foundation's case against IL was just thrown out by a Federal judge too because they said the SCOTUS has ruled that the 2A only applies inside someone home.

.40S&W

Wow just wow. When I read "operation clean sweep" I immediately got a picture in my head of the Nazis going house to house and disarming the Jews.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran

actually, as big a fan as i am of godwin's law, i don't feel my line meets the criteria. i was answering a legitimate question about who would have guessed registration would lead to confiscation with a legitimate answer. :monkey:dude::lol:

the definition of godwin's law is that hitler is invoked inappropriately.

Last edited: