• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So Far I Like...

WOD

Recently, I bought a Glock 21, and while I was at the gun store, I perused the selection of holsters there. Reading the labels on the packages (in stock) none were Glock specific, so I ended up going online, and chose a holster from the GlockStore. I bought an Uncle Mikes Law Enforcement open top kydex holster, for two reasons. 1. It was specifically made for my weapon, and it is a retention holster. 2. I have the option of using either a Belt Clip, or Paddle style configuration. I can also adjust the kant for my personal tastes, So far I haven't changed a thing on it, except which draw position I use while using the Paddle style configuration. I have easy access in either strong side draw, or cross draw. If I'm in the car, I use the cross draw (left side) placement on my jeans. Logically, it is easier to reach in a vehicle setting, since the seatbelt isn't in the way. I also like the way it feels when it is just clipped on my jeans waistband; no pinching, no retention issues when drawing (gun draws from holster without holster detaching from pants), no noticeable pressure point soreness, overall, a comfortable rig.

I have yet to try with it rigged for the belt clip attachment, so far there has been no need to, since the Paddle seems to be fully adequate for me, so far I like this holster system!