• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can I laminate my Virginia CHP?

Dr Phil

Got it laminated at office depot, cost was $1.30 lol. Feel alot better about holding on to it for 5 years now. Thanks again.

Dreamer

Again, I reiterate, lease cite a credible source for ANY jurisdiction that carries legitimate authority, which issues a "concealed carry warrant" that is recognized as a legitimate, lawful and legal document...

Gunslinger

Again, I reiterate, lease cite a credible source for ANY jurisdiction that carries legitimate authority, which issues a "concealed carry warrant" that is recognized as a legitimate, lawful and legal document...

You're not usually so obtuse, Dreamer. I 'said' it is a generic term, not state specific, and clearly identified what 'warrant' means in common and black letter law. "Any" permit to carry a concealed weapon is a warrant, or "justification or permission," to carry--irrespective of what the state wants to call it on the card. Just as any search warrant is a justification or permission to search or arrest warrant is a justification or permission to arrest.

Dreamer

Ask Dreamer what it's called in MD.

He'll straighten you out there as well.

:banghead:

Maryland doesn't issue "concealed carry" permits. Like Pennsylvania, there is no reference to concealement on the actual card, and no requirement to carry concealed in State Statute.

In MD it is called a "Permit to Carry a Handgun".

But you might as well call them a "Golden Unicorn Card" because they are about as rare, and difficult to obtain.

Or maybe they should call it a "Political Baksheesh Rewards Card" because that seems to determine why the majority of them are issued--not for true "need", or for "good and substantial reasons", but because some well-connected, wealthy contributor to the Governor's re-election campaign asked for one.

Or maybe we shoul dcall them a "Wish Permit", because you fill out the application, send them a big fat check, and then WISH you would see SOMETHING for your efforts, but if you're just a "regular citizen", a wish is all you'll get...

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure that the number of currently-valid unrestricted Permits issued to non-government-official-type citizens in MD is tied DIRECTLY to the number of functional spines in Maryland government on any level--which would explain why there are FEWER THAT TWO HUNDRED currently in circulation in MD... :uhoh:

Last edited: