Thread: Ccw in other states

Ccw in other states

I took my MO CCW at TopGun and I was wondering what other states I can get a CCW with or find out which states me instructor is recognized by and certified in.

The Missouri course, if done in compliance with RSMO 571.111.1, meets or exceeds the training requirements for non-resident permits from Maine, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Arizona. Do you mind me asking which instructor at Top Gun you took your instruction from?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    I took my MO CCW at TopGun and I was wondering what other states I can get a CCW with or find out which states me instructor is recognized by and certified in.
    You can obtain a Non-resident Washington State CPL without any training, so I would guess what you have will do.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    You can obtain a Non-resident Washington State CPL without any training, so I would guess what you have will do.
    If I am not mistaken, you must apply IN PERSON to obtain a WA CPL. I doubt Tony will want to make the trek out there when he can do ME, FL, PA, and AZ through the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    If I am not mistaken, you must apply IN PERSON to obtain a WA CPL. I doubt Tony will want to make the trek out there when he can do ME, FL, PA, and AZ through the mail.
    Yep. I had a guy ask me about WA so I checked. You do have to go to the Sheriff in person. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    I'm waiting for my AZ permit, 5 years, $65.00 and recognized in WI and others...
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    Once you have your Mo CCW you can use it to get a NH one. That being said...

The only reciprocatinng states that MO doesn't have reciprocity with are ME and now WI. ME only recognizes resident state permits so if you live in MO and want a CC in ME you are going to need a ME license.

Of the other 4, only PA and AZ have reciprocity w/WI so if you are looking to expand your reciprocity options, whichever of those two that is the least expensive to obtain and maintain per year would probably be the logical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Once you have your Mo CCW you can use it to get a NH one. That being said...

The only reciprocatinng states that MO doesn't have reciprocity with are ME and now WI. ME only recognizes resident state permits so if you live in MO and want a CC in ME you are going to need a ME license.

Of the other 4, only PA and AZ have reciprocity w/WI so if you are looking to expand your reciprocity options, whichever of those two that is the least expensive to obtain and maintain per year would probably be the logical choice.
    Unfortunately as of March 31, 2011 you have to appear in person to obtain a PA permit so no more mail applications accepted.

See the last paragraph of this URL.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/211.asp#license