• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ccw in other states

Tony4310

I took my MO CCW at TopGun and I was wondering what other states I can get a CCW with or find out which states me instructor is recognized by and certified in.

cshoff

The Missouri course, if done in compliance with RSMO 571.111.1, meets or exceeds the training requirements for non-resident permits from Maine, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Arizona. Do you mind me asking which instructor at Top Gun you took your instruction from?

hermannr

I took my MO CCW at TopGun and I was wondering what other states I can get a CCW with or find out which states me instructor is recognized by and certified in.

You can obtain a Non-resident Washington State CPL without any training, so I would guess what you have will do. :)

cshoff

You can obtain a Non-resident Washington State CPL without any training, so I would guess what you have will do. :)

If I am not mistaken, you must apply IN PERSON to obtain a WA CPL. I doubt Tony will want to make the trek out there when he can do ME, FL, PA, and AZ through the mail. ;)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
If I am not mistaken, you must apply IN PERSON to obtain a WA CPL. I doubt Tony will want to make the trek out there when he can do ME, FL, PA, and AZ through the mail. ;)

Once you have your Mo CCW you can use it to get a NH one. That being said...

The only reciprocatinng states that MO doesn't have reciprocity with are ME and now WI. ME only recognizes resident state permits so if you live in MO and want a CC in ME you are going to need a ME license.

Of the other 4, only PA and AZ have reciprocity w/WI so if you are looking to expand your reciprocity options, whichever of those two that is the least expensive to obtain and maintain per year would probably be the logical choice.

Once you have your Mo CCW you can use it to get a NH one. That being said...

The only reciprocatinng states that MO doesn't have reciprocity with are ME and now WI. ME only recognizes resident state permits so if you live in MO and want a CC in ME you are going to need a ME license.

Of the other 4, only PA and AZ have reciprocity w/WI so if you are looking to expand your reciprocity options, whichever of those two that is the least expensive to obtain and maintain per year would probably be the logical choice.

Unfortunately as of March 31, 2011 you have to appear in person to obtain a PA permit so no more mail applications accepted.

See the last paragraph of this URL.

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/211.asp#license