• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It isn't over until it's over. "Starbucks Boycott"

09jisaac

I'm just thinking I won't have to wait in line as long, unless I have to stand in line with a bunch of people openly carrying. ;)

I don't think anyone told Kentucky Antis that they're boycotting starbucks. The store I went into was surprised that they were being boycotted and the same report was coming from other members who visited other starbucks.

Dreamer

Starbucks stock opened this morning nearly a dollar higher than it's close yesterday.

Looks like NGVAC's boycott was a resounding success--for Starbuck's bottom line! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hardbuck90

I've noticed that nearly everywhere the boycott was either unknown or unnoticed lol, I think there are only a few die hards that are actually participating and we effectively took their place

Dahwg

I dropped some $2 bills off at my local starchuncks. Told them it was an anti-boycott buycott- they said they hadn't heard of the boycott either.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I've never been to a Starbucks in my life nor have I ever purchased any of their products elsewhere. Not being a coffee aficionado, I just can't see paying that kind of money for a cup of coffee. But my question is what is the significance of using a $2 bill?

Last edited:

yz9890

$2 bill = sly way of referring to the 2nd Amendment.

They sell really expensive hot cocoa and scones as well. And have free wifi.

Jeff Hayes

I've never been to a Starbucks in my life nor have I ever purchased any of their products elsewhere. Not being a coffee aficionado, I just can't see paying that kind of money for a cup of coffee. But my question is what is the significance of using a $2 bill?

A regular cup of coffee is under $2 unless of course you buy the fufu drinks then you can spend $5 or more.

Wolfgang1952

I went buy the one in Covington La Friday evening. Had a great glass of Ice Tea. Some people asked about my Gun. I passed out a handful of LOCAL flyers. Quiet a few people asked for more flyers because they had never heard of OCDO or LOCAL.

rscottie

On 2/14/12 at the Starbucks in Ashland KY, they said that they had received word that their may be protesters but had not seen any. The nice part is that she said that they had received some two dollar bills (I had none) but I was not the first to thank them for being pro rights. She did not mention firearms, but at least used the word rights. I had thanked her for supporting everyone's right to carry a firearm.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Business is booming in Richmond, Va

I spent $30 buying Pikes Peak for anyone that ordered it while I was there on 02/14/2012. No fancy foo foo drinks, just coffee. Many thanked me and some even asked why. Had a few good conversations.

Haven't seen any change except for an increase at my favorite store. Haven’t missed a day since the 1st and don't intend to miss any, especially if it aggravates the anti crowd!

Daylen

Another way to support Starbucks and have influence is to buy some shares should the price dip down.