Thread: Voice Recorder question

Erie, MI

Voice Recorder question

Ok as a Security Officer I have used a digital voice recorder for interviews/investigations in the past many times, however I have never carried a voice recorder running full time. Just got a new recorder tonight as my last one went belly up on me (got a Sony ICD-PX312). I would assume if you keep it in a pants pocket it would not pick up much and there is a risk of it getting turned off and I do not always wear shirts that have breast pockets. So the question is, where do you guys carry it? Belt clip? Lanyard around your neck? Stapled to your navel? lol
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 02-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see

Okemos, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Lanyard around your neck?
    This is where I carry mine, lanyard around neck, under shirt (you can't see it but it records fine). I shortened my lanyard up a bit, too.
    Last edited by griffin; 02-15-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    cell phone case on belt, unless I have a heavy coat on, If so, it either goes in the front pocket, or on the leg drop in the cell phone case.

*Tip. if you put it in the case upside down, it will take out most of the wind noise if its breezy.

ETA I have a string tied through the lanyard loop attatched to the cell case. It has saved it from loss, and several drops.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 02-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.