• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voice Recorder question

Ezerharden

Ok as a Security Officer I have used a digital voice recorder for interviews/investigations in the past many times, however I have never carried a voice recorder running full time. Just got a new recorder tonight as my last one went belly up on me (got a Sony ICD-PX312). I would assume if you keep it in a pants pocket it would not pick up much and there is a risk of it getting turned off and I do not always wear shirts that have breast pockets. So the question is, where do you guys carry it? Belt clip? Lanyard around your neck? Stapled to your navel? lol

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
cell phone case on belt, unless I have a heavy coat on, If so, it either goes in the front pocket, or on the leg drop in the cell phone case.

*Tip. if you put it in the case upside down, it will take out most of the wind noise if its breezy.

ETA I have a string tied through the lanyard loop attatched to the cell case. It has saved it from loss, and several drops.

Last edited: