• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some say Conceal carriers might be cowards

Ultra09

.....well, that's what a co-worker claims!
Yep, if a person wants to be armed they should be allowed to open carry only!
Makes him feel uneasy if you CC, infringes on his right to the persuit of happiness!
HUH????
I can't make this up and could not believe what I was hearing!
I think I've heard most arguments against open carry and heard those against carrying at all but this one still has me confused!
:banghead:

--Moderator edited title--
Original tile of thread ("Conceal carriers are cowards.......")
was too provocative and appeared to be attacking CCers.

G30Mike

Interesting point of view....
In that case, gas and ammo prices are an infringement on my pursuit of happiness....I demand they be dropped this instant! :)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I would disagree. Carry open, carry concealed... just be courteous, kind, polite and professional. Treat others with respect and go about your business. No one is a coward. Why do some feel the need to paint others in a certain light based on a choice like OC or CC?

Ultra09

They probably mean in relation to fighting H2H.

Nope...claims to support ownership but if one is to carry only open should be allowed.
Again...no one should conceal, open carry only if you carry, takes away his pursuit of happiness!
My biggest argument is if I conceal carry he or others will not know!
How can I be taking away his "happiness that he seeks?"
For the record....I am 100% for both forms of carry and for the most part oc or at least carry owb!

hermannr

.....well, that's what a co-worker claims!
Yep, if a person wants to be armed they should be allowed to open carry only!
Makes him feel uneasy if you CC, infringes on his right to the persuit of happiness!
HUH????
I can't make this up and could not believe what I was hearing!
I think I've heard most arguments against open carry and heard those against carrying at all but this one still has me confused!
:banghead:

Actually, the courts in Idaho back in 1905, in "in re Buckley" basically said the same thing. The state can regulate concealed carry because that is what criminals do, but cannot regulate OC too, because if they would do that, they would be taking away a right by licensing it.

I personally remember back when I was a young boy in OR hearing something very similar, "Only those that are up to no good conceal". Has this coloured my view of CC? Maybe a bit, but I do have a CPL, and I do conceal in the winter if I have a coat on (I refuse to dress for my carry) and I do think there is no reasonable reason to FORCE people to only OC. That is as dumb as FL, TX and OK with "you MUST conceal"

sawah

Well the guys on the UFC board I go to are always calling gun carriers cowards and afraid to fight H2H. But your guy sounds like a flake. :)

aktion

Well the guys on the UFC board I go to are always calling gun carriers cowards and afraid to fight H2H. But your guy sounds like a flake. :)

That's a curious definition of a coward. Isn't winning the fight the most important factor? If it's with a firearm, H2H, or the Voice; I don't care.....in conflict, winning is the prime directive.

.40S&W

How are you supposed to fight hand to hand if the other guy has a weapon lol. Or better yet what if he's bigger or more experienced than you. Wow the guys on that forum sound like trolls or they need a reality check.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

This goes back to the concept only the strong survive and bullies run the show, God made man and Smith and Wesson made them equal and if they do not want to fight someone with a gun, well then don't fight.

It also seem there will always be those who put someone else down to elevate themselves, well in their minds anyways.

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Historically.... Criminals concealed... The law abiding carried openly.

Much the reason that concealed carry laws came into effect well before anything else.

PALO

Historically.... Criminals concealed... The law abiding carried openly.

Much the reason that concealed carry laws came into effect well before anything else.

why should i care what some nimrods on another board (or any board) think about whether CCWing makes one a coward?

it's simply a tactical choice.

how one acts when one is tested if what defines whether or not one is a coward, not a tactical decision as to how to carry a firearm

i wear a seatbelt, too

if they think that makes me a coward, i can live with that

jt pro2

Hey all I want to say is not all ufc is like that. I carry a gun and I train mcmap for ufc. If I'm getting in a fight and I know for fact they are not armed I have no problem clearing my gun an tossing it in the car. A gun to me is only used as a last resort if and only if I feel my life is in danger. I don't have a problem taking a couple lumps but if I have to pull a gun I fully intend to kill what or whoever the threat

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I don't care how people carry, but I have met way too many CC carriers, who talk about "tactical advantage" and some who are just looking for the chance to use their weapon and concealing gives them a greater opportunity so they conceal.

yz9890

I respect and appreciate those that open carry regularly. I just don't have the time to return to my truck when the store I need to go in wont allow it, or to be stopped on a regular basis by people concerned or even appreciative about it. CC people can just go about their business for the most part. That being said, I do open carry in support of the cause as frequently as possible. Strapped up a Glock in an open carry holster on the 14th for hot cocoa at Starbucks and will do so again today because I'm not pressed for time.

Carry on and carry often.

amlevin

Actually, the courts in Idaho back in 1905, in "in re Buckley" basically said the same thing. The state can regulate concealed carry because that is what criminals do, but cannot regulate OC too, because if they would do that, they would be taking away a right by licensing it.

I personally remember back when I was a young boy in OR hearing something very similar, "Only those that are up to no good conceal". Has this coloured my view of CC? Maybe a bit, but I do have a CPL, and I do conceal in the winter if I have a coat on (I refuse to dress for my carry) and I do think there is no reasonable reason to FORCE people to only OC. That is as dumb as FL, TX and OK with "you MUST conceal"

Essentially that's what prevents WA from prohibiting OC as well.

I read a quote once that was by a Louisiana Judge which I believe was from the 1800's. It essentially stated open carry was preferred as only a criminal would conceal. It was from a time when many did carry firearms openly and it truly was only criminals that concealed.