• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county oc report

waterfowl woody

never seen or had a squib either, but have heard stories of bad endings. sounds like you guys avoided a barrel explosion over and over. maybe go buy a lotto ticket!

Last edited:

FMJ 911

never seen or had a squib either, but have heard stories of bad endings. sounds like you guys avoided a barrel explosion over and over. maybe go buy a lotto ticket!

Yes, we were very lucky indeed!

I remember over at Sam's Indoor range about a year ago, there was a similar incident, This time with a .45 ACP S&W Model 22 Revolver. In that case, the guy I let try out the gun was not familiar with Revolvers, and most Handguns in general. He fired off 2 Squibs and both bullets got stuck in the barrel. Had he pulled the trigger again with a "Normal" round, the barrel would have burst.

I'm starting to learn that trying to save a few dollars and fire off "Questionable" bullets is simply not worth it. Safety is #1, and I still feel foolish for putting not only my safety on the line, but other people's safety as well.

Oh, and I didn't even leave the house today, so I have nothing to report on other than it's getting time to clean some guns!

amlevin

It started as a miss fire. Racked the slide to eject and fired the next round. Then another miss fire. Racked the slide again and the shell came out. After that couldn't seat any rounds fully. We couldn't figure out why. Was starting to think the mags or gun had a issue. Then FMJ Racked it back one more time and a bullet that was stuck in the gun just fell out. with no shell or anything. So basically with that round the gun pulled the shell off the bullet and left the bullet sitting inside the gun.

Unless you're shooting good quality factory loads it's always a good idea to keep a "squib rod" handy. Something as simple as a cleaning rod or for a 9mm a 1/4" drive long socket extension. When you have your FIRST misfire you don't chamber another round until you have checked the bore. Remember, with those ear muffs/plugs you may not hear a squib, especially if it was caused by NO powder. It sounds like something actually fired, but only had enough power to push the bullet out of the case and into the throat of the barrel. It's a good thing that no round fully seated after the second misfire or more than just a bullet would be falling out :)

FMJ 911

Went to the Centennial Trail up near Smokey Point at the "Wade Road" Trailhead off of 67th Ave.

I did a "Open Concealment", I had the Kimber and 2 extra mags hanging off a belt under my Gray Hoodie. Of course you could see it, but it was not exactly in plain view either.

So I rode about 1 1/2 miles before the trail "Ended", so then I turned around. Nobody cared that I had the gun at my side.

Then I drove down into Lake Stevens and got some Milk and Ice Cream at Safeway. Again, nobody cared that I had a gun.

Now I'm back at home wondering if I should do some clean-up work at the Gravel Pit off of Highway 530 near Oso.

Metalhead47

Started at Super Supplements in Lynnwood, lady I talked to was real helpful & send us to Everett for the one thing they didn't have that I really needed. Evert mall cc so that don't count, O'Reiley, Autozone, Walmart on Evergreen. Not a thing said but I did get a few looks at Wallys.

OH and the local hippie-grocery here, and Double R Rentals for a new CO2 tank where they love that I carry.

Metalhead47

Lol day's not even half over and I already found a dumbass.

Was walking into harbor freight not long ago, a guy asks where the dol office is, so I point with my right hand & tell him it's around the side of the complex & kinda hard to find. So another guy off to the right has an obvious view of my strong side. As I go to walk inside he gives me the usual:

"you an officer?"
Nope
What's with the GUN?
What do you mean what's with the gun?
What's with the gun?
What about it? Perfectly legal in this state.

Figured out where the conversation was heading so I just walked off & went about spending entirely too much on cheap tools. As I go I hear him mutter, "what do you feel threatened or something??"

:rolleyes:

No, as a matter of fact I don't. No one can threaten me while I have the means to defend myself. They can only reason. Walked around for a while, picked up some stuff, no cops or anything else said. Now I'm mooching the free wifi at the canyon park McDonald's and no one seems to care either.

Have to go pick up an engine in auburn now, wonder what else the day will hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Went to the Centennial Trail up near Smokey Point at the "Wade Road" Trailhead off of 67th Ave.

I did a "Open Concealment", I had the Kimber and 2 extra mags hanging off a belt under my Gray Hoodie. Of course you could see it, but it was not exactly in plain view either.

So I rode about 1 1/2 miles before the trail "Ended", so then I turned around. Nobody cared that I had the gun at my side.

Then I drove down into Lake Stevens and got some Milk and Ice Cream at Safeway. Again, nobody cared that I had a gun.

Now I'm back at home wondering if I should do some clean-up work at the Gravel Pit off of Highway 530 near Oso.

I routinely ride from Snohomish up past Arlington and back. About 44 miles total. I carry my .45 in my Safariland ALS retention holster openly and have never had anyone say a word. Most people I ride past can see it just fine.

If you look carefully at a couple of the trail access points, they clearly state that Mountain Lions and Bears have been seen on the trail, with directions on how to "stand still and face them" so as not to be eaten. :eek:

I carry Buffalo Bore 255gr max SAAMI pressure ammo with me on those days LOL!

FMJ 911

I routinely ride from Snohomish up past Arlington and back. About 44 miles total. I carry my .45 in my Safariland ALS retention holster openly and have never had anyone say a word. Most people I ride past can see it just fine.

If you look carefully at a couple of the trail access points, they clearly state that Mountain Lions and Bears have been seen on the trail, with directions on how to "stand still and face them" so as not to be eaten. :eek:

I normally carry .45 ACP 230-grain Hornady JHP with standard load(Non +P). If the 1st shot doesn't do it, I have 7 more in the magazine, and an additional 14 (2 mags) in my Mag Pouch!

When I go to the trail, I ride my K2 "Big Easy" Cruiser Bike. A "Normal" ride for me is about 15-20 miles round trip.

amlevin

The most common predators along the Centennial Trail are those that break into the cars parked at the parking lots along the trail. Worst one is the "Pilchuck Trailhead" next to 67Th, just north of Wade Road. The Mountain Lions and Bears don't like people and will usually just scoot off.

As for the car prowlers, it makes one tempted to leave a "Israeli Mossad Cell Phone" on the seat. When someone breaks in and steals it, just dial the number. When the thief answers it explodes. Cuts down on repeat offenders. Yes, I know it's illegal so I wouldn't encourage anyone to do so but it sure would be tempting.

John Hardin

As for the car prowlers, it makes one tempted to leave a "Israeli Mossad Cell Phone" on the seat. When someone breaks in and steals it, just dial the number. When the thief answers it explodes.
Tempting indeed.

I bet a dye bomb camouflaged as a flip phone wouldn't be illegal. Just don't forget and open it yourself!

Last edited:

FMJ 911

Well, I was supposed to attend a OC meeting at the Kenmore Starbucks today, but I had a terrible migraine this morning, so I couldn't make it.

After finally getting up and moving (around 2:00 PM) I had some breakfast and looked outside. The weather looked less than good, but it wasn't too bad. After that, I grabbed my Kimber and hopped into the Kia for a ride on the Mountain Loop Highway! So I drove as far east as Possible (Closed just past Deer Creek), and turned around and headed west. I even drove up to Mt. Pilchuck! but it was awful soggy up there!

Then I went to Tom Thumb in S. Lake Stevens nest to the Burger King, and it was busy! I could feel some guy glaring at me, but I didn't give a rats butt. Then the lady that was running the counter seemed nervous, but I wasn't about to start asking questions, so I bought the milk and left. Everyone else didn't seem to care about my gun one bit.

That was my day!

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Went and had lunch at Taco Bell. No strange looks or comments. After Taco Bell, I went to Starbucks and had a Passion fruit Tea. Again no stares, weird looks, or comments. After Starbucks, I did some grocery Shopping at Albertsons. Not a single glance.

So yeah that was my OC day. Nothing weird or out of the ordinary to report. :D Have a Happy Easter everybody!

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Went to Starbucks and got a grande hot chocolate with extra whip cream. Flirted with the ladies working there. No strange looks or comments about my OC.

After Starbucks I went to Walmart for chips and salsa and some ammo for the range. Got Winchester .40 S&W 165 grain FMJ's. Again no comments or strange looks from anyone.

Great OC day.

Freedom1Man

Went for a walk was arrested

Went for a walk, was heading to the 99Spring event in Everett at Everett Station. On my way to town to catch the bus, was arrested, then released only after the prosecutor told them to release me, road the bus to Everett station (no problems), made it to the 99Spring event and was asked to leave do to the fact I was armed.

Made it home without problems.

Side note for those who smoke , the staff at Tobacco Alley in Monroe are gun friendly. Saturdays are friendliest days.

FMJ 911

I know, I got behind again, so here's the report for 4/14/2012.

Strapped on Mr. Kimber, Cell Phone, Keys, and some water and hopped in the Geo and headed down toward Federal Way. Car ran great, and no traffic to hold me up. Held it at 66 MPH the whole way down. Although some construction work caused me to have to detour right at the Exit I was going to take, so that slowed me down for about 20 minutes. Finally arrived at the OC Meeting, and some new guys were there, but they left after I arrived, so I went inside and got a Mocha Grande Latte. Then I sat down outside and we all talked for at least 90 minutes or more. That was fun. The sun was out too, so that helped. Afterward I hopped in the Geo again and saw traffic start to build on I-5, so I followed 99 North through Federal Way, Seatac, and finally out of Tukwilla. It was sorta "Thuggy" in there, but I was not afraid at all, I'm just passing through minding my own business. Got on I-405 and then took a quick trip to Mount Si to scope out the Hiking there, Everyone was flying on I-90 East so I kept up and went along at 75 MPH. Turned around after looking around at Mount Si. No strange looks or comments. Then got back on I-405 and headed up to I-5 and then onto US 2 all the way back home.

Overall it was a great day, and the New(Old) car got great mileage! I estimate at least 30 MPG or more!

Metalhead47

I know, I got behind again, so here's the report for 4/14/2012.

Strapped on Mr. Kimber, Cell Phone, Keys, and some water and hopped in the Geo and headed down toward Federal Way. Car ran great, and no traffic to hold me up. Held it at 66 MPH the whole way down. Although some construction work caused me to have to detour right at the Exit I was going to take, so that slowed me down for about 20 minutes. Finally arrived at the OC Meeting, and some new guys were there, but they left after I arrived, so I went inside and got a Mocha Grande Latte. Then I sat down outside and we all talked for at least 90 minutes or more. That was fun. The sun was out too, so that helped. Afterward I hopped in the Geo again and saw traffic start to build on I-5, so I followed 99 North through Federal Way, Seatac, and finally out of Tukwilla. It was sorta "Thuggy" in there, but I was not afraid at all, I'm just passing through minding my own business. Got on I-405 and then took a quick trip to Mount Si to scope out the Hiking there, Everyone was flying on I-90 East so I kept up and went along at 75 MPH. Turned around after looking around at Mount Si. No strange looks or comments. Then got back on I-405 and headed up to I-5 and then onto US 2 all the way back home.

Overall it was a great day, and the New(Old) car got great mileage! I estimate at least 30 MPG or more!

What kinda Geo?