• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HELP, Anyone been through this?

Stretch

From experience: Guns of yours will affect the possession of her children almost every, single time. The guardian will be prejudice, expect nothing less.

Luke

Speaking from experience with guardian at litem, the two that I have had experience with did not care that we had firearms in the house. I don't remember the exact rule, but it's something to the effect of "All firearms must be in a locked safe".

As for what to do about the felony, I like what BigDave said.

Stat

Thank you for the input everyone.

Talked to my lawyer. She said not to count on the Guardian at Litem knowing the law. It is legal for me to have guns in a safe or one on my person, this would be actual possession. As long as a felon that has residency at my home does not have access to them.
Constructive possession is a gun in a closet or trunk with a resident felon having access to the house or car.
Either way I’m not breaking the law I’m just setting up one hell of a breakup.
She has never had access to my safes and never will, no interest in them at all.
The only thing I have decided at this point is not to opencarry around her for now.
I knew most of this going into it but the litem thing is a B.

Last edited:

amlevin

Thank you for the input everyone.

Talked to my lawyer. She said not to count on the Guardian at Litem knowing the law. It is legal for me to have guns in a safe or one on my person, this would be actual possession. As long as a felon that has residency at my home does not have access to them.
Constructive possession is a gun in a closet or trunk with a resident felon having access to the house or car.
Either way I’m not breaking the law I’m just setting up one hell of a breakup.
She has never had access to my safes and never will, no interest in them at all.
The only thing I have decided at this point is not to opencarry around her for now.
I knew most of this going into it but the litem thing is a B.

In 2009, 50.7% of the people in the US were women. 74% of them were over 18. Eliminate 25% as "too old" and that still leaves a "Pool" of 75 million or so women. Not all are felons. If you have to choose again, go for a non-felon. Out of a pool that large there ought to be one or two to catch your eye.

Last edited:

dadada

One of the four accomplices in the Lakewood cops shooting was charged as a felon in possession of a firearm because he was found to be in a house at the same time as clemmons, while Clemmons had a gun. They weren't living together, just in a room together at the same time while one had a firearm. Prosecutors charged him even though they admit he never touched it. I forget if he was acquitted, but they still tried it anyway.

I wouldn't trust the GAL to tattle on your girlfriend, and have things investigated.

Last edited:

DevinWKuska

LMAO! Now thats just wrong!!!

Good Luck to you Stat sounds like your in a hard spot. I think if the girl was really hot... or easy... it would make things all the more difficult. Whatever you decide to do, man up to it, and have no regrets. Your Sex life can be replaced your 2A is a little more black and white if ya know what I mean. I guess you get to make the call, sorry to hear.

sudden valley gunner

I am not going to make any judgement on the girl our country loves to quickly label people as felons even in victim less crimes.

And if she is so dangerous as not ever to be close to guns than she should be locked up, not even being considered as any type of custody for her children. Mothers kill the majority of the 2000 plus kids every year in this country that die from neglect or abuse, and only a small fraction of that is done with firearms.

bennie1986

Get a new girlfriend? Really? That is the most intolerant bull **** i have ever herd on this site. People mess up! No one here has had a 100% perfict go of things, I'd put money on that! Lets give the benefit of the doubt and assume its a one off mistake or she is trying to turn her life around.

fire suppressor

I don't want to judge his girlfriend to quickly I don't know her and or have ever meet her. Admittedly it doesn't happen often but there are times when a good person who has done nothing wrong is wrongfully charged with a felony, I see this most often in DV cases when the male physical has to restrain a woman to protect him self. I know one person who did this but when the cops came even though he never harmed her in any way she had the markings on her and he didn't, long story ahort he is now a convicted felon

sudden valley gunner

Get a new girlfriend? Really? That is the most intolerant bull **** i have ever herd on this site. People mess up! No one here has had a 100% perfict go of things, I'd put money on that! Lets give the benefit of the doubt and assume its a one off mistake or she is trying to turn her life around.

+1

sudden valley gunner

I don't want to judge his girlfriend to quickly I don't know her and or have ever meet her. Admittedly it doesn't happen often but there are times when a good person who has done nothing wrong is wrongfully charged with a felony, I see this most often in DV cases when the male physical has to restrain a woman to protect him self. I know one person who did this but when the cops came even though he never harmed her in any way she had the markings on her and he didn't, long story ahort he is now a convicted felon
+1

Although this situation is a female with the record, males are screwed in many ways when it comes to defending yourself against a female.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Please be careful

OMG guns! think of the children!
I am glad my Mom said that. Caveat: It's what she said just before I got my first weapon.

My first wife(Jabba the Slut), was a bit like the "girlfriend". You, your intentions, the law, mean nothing during this kind of inspection. It will be decided on whatever the 'inspector' "feels" and "perceives" during the inspection. Words may be twisted to suit the needs of the inspector. Please be careful of not just what you say but how you say it. Like the man said, They are not your friend

Last edited:

Lammo

xxx.jakk.xxx

One of the four accomplices in the Lakewood cops shooting was charged as a felon in possession of a firearm because he was found to be in a house at the same time as clemmons, while Clemmons had a gun. They weren't living together, just in a room together at the same time while one had a firearm. Prosecutors charged him even though they admit he never touched it. I forget if he was acquitted, but they still tried it anyway.

I wouldn't trust the GAL to tattle on your girlfriend, and have things investigated.

That kind of confuses me. With that logic, every time I OC in Safeway, all of the felons in the store are now guilty because they've been close to my gun.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

Groves' wife, Rebecca Besherse, said she will petition to get the guns - a Remington .22-caliber long rifle and an Accu-Tek .380 handgun - returned to her. She'd like to sell them, now that her husband will be in prison and not at work. But she's not getting her hopes up.

She said she harbors no ill will toward the jury and wasn't surprised by the verdict.

"They did exactly what they were told to do," she said.

But she still can't understand her husband is in jail because of guns she owned before they even met.

"I did not become a felon by marrying him," she said.

Besherse said they'll appeal the conviction.

She'll soon head to the local Department of Social and Health Services office to apply for benefits on behalf of their 4-year-old daughter, Sophim. As a child of an incarcerated parent, the state will pay for housing, Besherse believes.

Yay! Thank god for government! Thank god for gun control! Thank god for the prohibition of malum prohibitium acts!

Is there any way that way the state did cannot be construed as aggressive, an assault on the ability of a little girl to have a good family, and just plain retarded?

Now the state has to pay his wife... for what? Protecting, whom, exactly, against her own guns?

WTF. Seriously, this crap is insane. I don't care what the law says, nobody should ever prosecute for this, and no jury should ever convict.

This is what jury nullification is for.

Far as I am concerned, every one of the people responsible for this conviction is immoral to the point that, if I believed in hell, I am certain they would all go there with no opportunity for remorse.

Might as well kidnap her father for 3 years.