• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun at or near Valley View Mall

Sesrun

Man stabbed in Valley View Mall parking lot
http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/288446

A man was hospitalized after he was attacked by three men and stabbed in a Valley View Mall parking lot today, Roanoke police said.

The victim, whose identity and age weren't immediately available, drove from the mall's upper level lot after the 1:51 p.m. attack to the 5000 block of Airport Road, where he called 911, according to Aisha Johnson, a police spokeswoman.

The victim told police he was leaving the mall when his assailants attacked him, Johnson said.
------------------------------
All the more reason never to disarm just in order to frequent an anti-gun establishment.
Gun free zone = Defense free crime zone

wylde007

People who frequent "gun free" zones must believe one or both of the following:

1. They are immune to the criminal intentions of others.
  2. They are immune to the law of averages.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The wifester and I are down there semi-regularly. Since the mall itself prohibits firearms carry we stay out of the mall, but we've hit up JC Penney and some other anchor stores while OC as well as surrounding restaurants and we've not had much issue. Of course the reason we carry is just for this type of incident.