• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster Selection For Upcoming Concealed & Open Carry Freedom

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Today I bought a new holster for my old Glock 36. I wanted a retention holster and I also wanted something comfortable to wear, reasonably priced and used for both open and concealed carry.

Here is what I bought: http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=4584

I'm wearing it now and it is very comfortable. The belt loops fit my belt nicely with no "slop" so the holster and gun are held tightly. The retention lock has to be unlocked using the middle finger when drawing the weapon which after a few practice moves seems natural.

The price is very reasonable for a retention holster...I got mine for under $25.

Attachments

• Evader.jpg
    Evader.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 101

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have a Bianchi CarryLok holster for my Beretta 9000S. It works really well an appears to be really similar to your holster. Glad you found a good one. Hope you do more OCing than CCing.

BROKENSPROKET

XDFDE45

There we go
thumbsup.gif

BROKENSPROKET

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Like That Carrylok Holster!

I have a Bianchi CarryLok holster for my Beretta 9000S. It works really well an appears to be really similar to your holster. Glad you found a good one. Hope you do more OCing than CCing.

It seems that many holster makers are making retention holsters instead of "slap em in whip em out" holsters. I like the idea of a leather retention holster. The Evader I'm wearing is very comfortable and doesn't tug on me at all. I decided to go with the Evader because it rides high and cants in toward my body. This makes a very comfortable draw position for me.

As for open carry that is exactly what I intend to do. I hope most of us continue to do so. If we don't open carry the gun rights movement will be "Out of sight, out of mind" and many will just forget about it. If more people see open carry and see it isn't a threat and is "normal" then we gain gun rights advocates.

I know the "crazies" will always hate inanimate objects that they don't trust themselves with and will project their inadequacies on people like us so...I continue to open carry where legally able!

markush

Or you could always make your own ;) I started out with these couple of IWB and have a couple of OWB in the works for the M&P and a 1911.

Elephant trim
0dd8780a.jpg

2f3824f5.jpg

1d00a0e6.jpg

74f95ae7.jpg

skky

Today I bought a new holster for my old Glock 36. I wanted a retention holster and I also wanted something comfortable to wear, reasonably priced and used for both open and concealed carry.

Here is what I bought: http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=4584

I'm wearing it now and it is very comfortable. The belt loops fit my belt nicely with no "slop" so the holster and gun are held tightly. The retention lock has to be unlocked using the middle finger when drawing the weapon which after a few practice moves seems natural.

The price is very reasonable for a retention holster...I got mine for under $25.

Your holster is cheap looking and a piece of junk. MY OPINION

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
this is the Galco Jack Ass should rig I have, mine is the snub nose revolver version. Although next year I am getting the identical version for my Glock 21

I also have 2 IWB belt clip holsters made by Uncle Mikes, one for the Rossi 38 spec - one for the Glock21..cheap yet very functional

Plus I have my Serpa retention Lvl 3 Paddle Holster...I am set

Attachments

• JACKASS.jpg
    JACKASS.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Interesting...The Bianchi Evader For My Glock Fits The Kel-Tec PMR-30 Perfectly!

I received the latest Gun Tests magazine today and inside I found a comparison of the FN 5.7 pistol to the Kel-Tec PMR-30. Which has the higher rating? The Kel-Tec is rated A "Best Buy" and the FN 5.7 is rated a B. A very good read for anyone interested in getting a PMR-30 (good luck with the long wait). I waited almost a year for mine and I have the first series with the fluted barrel. No key-holing of the bullets (yet) so I do not intend to trade in the fluted barrel for a non-fluted barrel with 1:11 rifling.

I read in Gun Tests this morning that the PMR-30 fits most mid size Glock holsters so I tried it. The PMR-30 fits the Bianchi Evader holster perfectly. Next summer I may just carry it. 91 rounds in three magazines for those expected Zombie attacks! :)