• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wrongfully cited with unlawful conceal of weapon.

k Merck

carring in my truck

Just curious for the rest of us
since the post was edited
What do I need to avoid doing
I carry daily with NO permit and do not want the smae situation to occur to myself

when carring open or concealed when i get in to my truck sence i dont like how the seat belt covers my sig i always place it on a sticky matt i bough off amazon on the dash in front of the passengers seat. it sticks to it like glue. and everyone can see it. If i have to leave it in the truck for what ever reason i lock it in the dash. The instant i return i place it back on the matt. sence im not in the truck i suppose im not carrying it concealed. but then again i do have a chp. i carried open for a while until i got my chp never had any problem. But sence in NC we can carry open thats usally the way i carry i guess you could say i've seen the light. I believe sence we have this right its the correct thing to do If we dont excercise this right were subject to lose it. But thats just me. God bless Carry ON

carolina guy

when carring open or concealed when i get in to my truck sence i dont like how the seat belt covers my sig i always place it on a sticky matt i bough off amazon on the dash in front of the passengers seat. it sticks to it like glue. and everyone can see it. If i have to leave it in the truck for what ever reason i lock it in the dash. The instant i return i place it back on the matt. sence im not in the truck i suppose im not carrying it concealed. but then again i do have a chp. i carried open for a while until i got my chp never had any problem. But sence in NC we can carry open thats usally the way i carry i guess you could say i've seen the light. I believe sence we have this right its the correct thing to do If we dont excercise this right were subject to lose it. But thats just me. God bless Carry ON

§ 14‑269. Carrying concealed weapons.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person willfully and intentionally to carry concealed about his person any bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slung shot, loaded cane, metallic knuckles, razor, shurikin, stun gun, or other deadly weapon of like kind, except when the person is on the person's own premises.

If you leave it in the truck and you are not there, it cannot be concealed. :)