• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not backing down 770 KTTH @ 5:30 10/4/2010

DanieljJ

Very well done. I am so glad I came to the event on Saturday.I wish I would have said more to you than "Hello." I am not shy but new to open carry. Saturday was my first day to open carry. After I left the meetup I went to a few local gunshops while oc and bought some goodies. I then picked up my daughter , went shoe shopping with her@ Target and we had lunch @ MSN on 6th ave(Delicious!).We had no issues and I will be doing it again.Thanks for an outstanding example of how to stand up for what is right.

jt59

Caught just the last 10 minutes or so....

good job!....I'll try to go back and listen to the whole show....

We need to keep the focus on the 4th amendment violation and Section 7 of WA State Constitution...it's not about the guns...

SECTION 7 INVASION OF PRIVATE AFFAIRS OR HOME PROHIBITED. No person shall be disturbed in his private affairs, or his home invaded, without authority of law.

I've done talk radio before...this is a powerful outlet.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Quotes

Here's what happened to Tom:

I copied this from some where else on the forum:
Here are some quotes from US vs Mendenhall:

We conclude that a person has been "seized" within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment only if, in view of all of the circumstances surrounding the incident, a reasonable person would have believed that he was not free to leave. Examples of circumstances that might indicate a seizure, even where the person did not attempt to leave, would be the threatening presence of several officers, the display of a weapon by an officer, some physical touching of the person of the citizen, or the use of language or tone of voice indicating that compliance with the officer's request might be compelled. (bold emphasis by Citizen)

SpyderTattoo

I saw this thread when I got home from work. I was planning on changing the oil in my truck and did so, while listening to the interview.

Great job. I get frustrated at some of the CC'ers that say things like, "it would be less of a hastle to just show them your ID...". Many of these people just don't get it. There are other Constitutional rights than just the 2nd Amendment, if you're a "gun-guy/gal".

Now is the time to hammer this one home. Do any of you feel like we've reached a kind of boiling-point? Some kind of "mile marker"? These police departments have been hammered by many of us for years now. How is it that Pierce Co. thinks this behavior by their officers is OK? The Wa State Constitution and the US Constitution are very clear.

Now is the time...

1245A Defender

huh

i listened to the 3pm, the 4pm, but
still havent found the 5pm link to listen to..
used their list of posted shows, but i guess it hasnt been posted yet.

dont remember if it was this show or the other, but one caller said,
"i know this guy. he stands around stores for hours a day,
waiting for folks to see him, just trying to make a statement,
like look at me, see my gun, etc.."
i hope he is not talking about tom brewster!
sounds like he is talking about stainless1911 over in michigan,
standing around the grate lakes crossing mall!

Last edited:

Ajetpilot

Very well done. I am so glad I came to the event on Saturday.I wish I would have said more to you than "Hello." I am not shy but new to open carry. Saturday was my first day to open carry. After I left the meetup I went to a few local gunshops while oc and bought some goodies. I then picked up my daughter , went shoe shopping with her@ Target and we had lunch @ MSN on 6th ave(Delicious!).We had no issues and I will be doing it again.Thanks for an outstanding example of how to stand up for what is right.
Outstanding, DanieljJ :exclaim: Keep it up. Looking forward to meeting you.

Trigger Dr

Seems like with all our smarts and technology, we should be able to set up an OCDO radio, or web feed, with interviews and such. Get some truth out.

2 years ago, I suggested putting together a 1/2 hour video to be shown on PBS.
How many thought it a good idea ? Quite a few...
How many wanted to help? NONE< NADA< NOBODY

amlevin

2 years ago, I suggested putting together a 1/2 hour video to be shown on PBS.
How many thought it a good idea ? Quite a few...
How many wanted to help? NONE< NADA< NOBODY

Better yet, make a Public Service Announcement video outlining the rights of Washington Citizens under both Federal and State Constitution. A 30 second video that is distributed to all the media outlets. They have to run so many PSA's during their broadcast day to comply with their license requirements. There could be a couple of videos covering citizens rights when approached by police officers, the legality of Open Carry, and other topics regarding lawful carry of firearms.

There might even be some "stock stuff" available from the NRA on basic rights.

If the "tree huggers" can exploit the media, why can't those who legally carry firearms?