• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry after dark

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
But....

If you are OCing and go get a haircut and you "allow" the barber to throw the plastic ponch over you and it covers your firearm.. you are now CCing. That's different that sitting in a chair next to a wall... or bein in the dark.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
But....

If you are OCing and go get a haircut and you "allow" the barber to throw the plastic ponch over you and it covers your firearm.. you are now CCing. That's different that sitting in a chair next to a wall... or bein in the dark.

Don't you utilize the "Virginia Tuck" in the barber shop?

I can understand not wanting to make your barber nervous though, especially when he is shaving your neck. :uhoh:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Doesnt matter.. if he drapes you while you have an OWB holster or an IWB/Virginia Tuck.. and it covers it.. you are concealed. Which holster does this guy have?
barber3.jpg

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I can understand not wanting to make your barber nervous though, especially when he is shaving your neck. :uhoh:

Doesnt matter.. if he drapes you while you have an OWB holster or an IWB/Virginia Tuck.. and it covers it.. you are concealed.

No, no - I was referring to tucking the barber's sheet covering beneath your OWB holster- only tucked from the front, rather than the rear.

AbNo

Wait.... what about the "seated against the wall argument"?

You know, it's not CC just because your strong-side is against the wall of a booth at a restaurant...

There could be someone under the barber poncho and they could... uh.... see it...

Your gun....

In the... holster... :uhoh:

:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wait.... what about the "seated against the wall argument"?

You know, it's not CC just because your strong-side is against the wall of a booth at a restaurant...

There could be someone under the barber poncho and they could... uh.... see it...

Your gun....

In the... holster... :uhoh:

:lol:

Only if she is good looking

nono.gif
th_pbnowaytongue.gif

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I meant it more in jest hope you did not take offense to it

I can't speak for Grape but I thought it was funny as hell:lol:...Oh wait a minute, I was accused of being sexist the other day...

So, I thought it was demeaning to women and displays a caveman type attitude and I was offended:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I meant it more in jest hope you did not take offense to it

Personally I seldom take offense at anything.

The question or limitation as it were occurs here on OCDO when we consider that women and children (not members of the good ol' boys hunt club) also peruse these forums along with politicians, media and antis. Consequentially sexual content or innuendo is much discouraged.